Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have the curve and something is wrong with it the hour glass is constantly ... BlackBerry Curve forum

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1

what the heck is wrong with my phone ugh

Advertisement

i have the curve and something is wrong with it the hour glass is constantly flashing it wont go away my phone magically deletes convos and resets to whatever was on my phone from three days ago when i do a battery pull its acting slow and i dont know whats going on somwone told me that my memory card is corrupted and then others say its my phone is it the 4.5.0.69 os on my phone is it that os is corrupted if so please help me my pin is in my profile if its easier to conversate there bbm thanks in advance

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The deleting convos is probably due to low memory. When you notice things have deleted on their own go to Options/Status and see what it says for file free. The hourglassing could also be from memory, or an app that your phone is not working well with. If you have added anything new prior to having these issues try deleting that app and see if the situation resolves.

If your file free is low, anything under 10-12 million bytes, you need to do some BB house cleaning, if you can get it higher that would be better. Also try to get into the habit of restarting your BB every day or every other day. Use the alt/rt shift/delete shortcut, no need to actually pull the battery. My 8330 has more memory so I don't need to worry about that anymore, but I used to restart before I got in the shower every day when I used my pearl. The restart helps free up memory.

Also there is a newer version out there for your BB 4.5.0.81, you may want to upgrade and see if that helps. Remove the memory card before you upgrade. Some people say it shouldn't matter, but I've seen too many posts where people had issues when they left it in while upgrading.

Here's a link to the latest OS for all devices: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_models.html

Since you have 4.5 now I know you know how to upgrade so I won't link the instructions, just don't forget to delete the vendor .xml file.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Azstar is right on about everything. I also regularly clear out browser data, sent sms, old messages, event logs, etc. Do a search on memory, you'll find some helpful threads on keeping your bb happy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    what is rt when im tryin to restart my phone

rt shift(there are 2 shift keys a right and a left) you have to press the aly key, rt shift key, and delete key all at the same time, hold for a second and your BB will restart
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    got it i deleted the 2 themes i had my text messages and emails and cleared my history and cookies and it llooks like none of my memory is going up or maybe im doing something wrong
    ill wait to it restarts annd see if anything has changed if not idk and its kind of hard for me too upgrade i always forget how too delete the current 4.5 i have nowtoo get the new one i tried it before and it never worked ugh and thanks for the help s o far

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    so i restartted my phone i havent seen the hour glass yet but all my messages i deleted before i did the reset all came back too the phone whats up with that and my memory changed a little bit

Post your amount of file free after the restart
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    17535307 after i restarted it and it was 15 something before i deleted trhe themes and what not and when i did the resatr it was 17

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    and the hourglass came back

Well then I suspect it's either a 3rd party app causing issues, or it's time for an upgrade. If you don't want to upgrade yet, then do some trouble shooting. Remove the 3rd party stuff from your BB and add them back slowly, one at a time. Watch for a few hours see if you have trouble. If everything's good, add back another app until you find the troublemaker.

Try removing your media card too, see if that makes a difference. It will be a matter of trial and error on your part.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    someone told me yesterday it could be my memory card if i buy a new one i lose all my pic on the other one huh

Just copy everything on your current one to a folder on your PC then you could copy to a new one. Try taking the card out first and see if your issues resolve. If it does seem like the card is the problem, then copy the contents to your computer, reformat the card and see if that helps before you spend money on a new one.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    how do i reformmate it

After you copy the contents to your computer, disconnect from the PC then on your BB go to Options/Media Card/Menu/Format Card
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast