Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

.46 is excellent! by far the most stable I've found yet!... BlackBerry Curve forum

sptheboss no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

.46 is excellent! by far the most stable I've found yet!

joel_bud no está en línea Stack level 2
    watch out for that Quincey program it sends an email with phone stats to rim and they shut down the sim card. I took it off of mine somehow I think i wrote about it in the boards..If you have it you cant uninstall it just disable it and click options and uncheck everything. the new release 75 is up 4.5.0.52.....I still haven't tried it yet..ill pro try it soon. My new Os seems solid also....

Daywalker44 no está en línea Stack level 1

DM won't recognize OS 4.5 as available update...

Quote Originally Posted by toddmize View Post
    downloaded jde 4.5 os from BB site yet the DM shows no update avail. new DM & new os.?? What's the prob? deleted vendor.xml...still nothing. can u guys help?

I am having the same problem...DM ver. 4.5 ... BB OS ver. 4.5 for 8310 installed.... I uninstalled the Device Software 4.2.2 I only have DM 4.5 and OS 4.5 installed and when I plug in my Curve 8310 DM never detects an available update... I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Device OS 4.5 software multiple times and still nothing... The only thing I haven't done is totally unistalled DM and reinstall it from scratch... what is the issue here everytime DM searches for an available update it finishes saying "No software update is available for your phone" ... This is ridiculious and it is driving me nuts I don't really want to have to reinstall DM from scratch as I have my Outlook contacts sync all configured and I didn't want to have to reconfigure that... but If I have to I will... ALL help is very much appreciated in advance. Thank You.

mario13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just downloaded this new 4.5 O.S.on my 8320 Everything is good except the volume is not as loud as it used to be. Any one know how to fix this please. Email me at marion602@yahoo.com or txt me at 602.410.0929 I need help asap.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I got the new DM on my pc and I download the new OS file install the OS file. Then goto the folder delete the right vendor file. Make sure your in the right folder with the right file. I made a mistake once and almost deleted the wrong vendor file in the wrong folder. There was a few files. Make sure ˙ou got the right one and delete it and then hook up the BB and then launch DM and you should be all set to roll. I'm not too sure on the problem-issue I haven't come accross any problems yet everything has been fine for me. Worse case uninstall-reinstall DM manager and hopefully that will fix the file or maybe the OS file installed wrong check in control panel add-remove programs and uninstall the BB software ones and start a reinstall. You should be good 2 go. Hopefully you issue get fixed.this is just what I can think off my head any more issues I'll have to go look at my pc and see if anything come to mind, keep us updated especially if you figure it out incase any1 else has the same issue....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mario13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just downloaded this new 4.5 O.S.on my 8320 Everything is good except the volume it is not as loud as it used to be. Any one know how to fix this please. Email me at marion602@yahoo.com or txt me at 602.410.0929 I need help asap.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker44 View Post
    I am having the same problem...DM ver. 4.5 ... BB OS ver. 4.5 for 8310 installed.... I uninstalled the Device Software 4.2.2 I only have DM 4.5 and OS 4.5 installed and when I plug in my Curve 8310 DM never detects an available update... I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Device OS 4.5 software multiple times and still nothing... The only thing I haven't done is totally unistalled DM and reinstall it from scratch... what is the issue here everytime DM searches for an available update it finishes saying "No software update is available for your phone" ... This is ridiculious and it is driving me nuts I don't really want to have to reinstall DM from scratch as I have my Outlook contacts sync all configured and I didn't want to have to reconfigure that... but If I have to I will... ALL help is very much appreciated in advance. Thank You.
    As Joel, said you need to delete the vendor.xml file from here:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

That will trigger the DM to install the upgrade.

::edit:: Sorry, just noticed you've already done that delete. Not sure why you're not able to upgrade.
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-17-2008 at 10:32 PM.

has anyone tried this one yet ?

Blackberry 4.5.0.52 (release 75) for 8310

I think I'm going to update it today and see how it works.
    Just curious if anyone has used it yet ?

Thanks

That's what we've all been talking about. Been on it for several days now. Very stable, although I don't use any 3rd party apps.

oh OK I thought it was .46...sweet I going to install it. Do you know about that Quincey application. I don't use any 3rd party software either. When I installed .46 BB tried to install that software that sent an email to rim. I was just wondering if they install anything that we wouldnt want. im going to start the install shortly. awesome...

Does anyone know if you can send encrypted message with the 8310 from one BB to another. I was just curious, I don't think it could happen but figure it worth a shot asking ?

Starting the upgrade from .46 to .52. they don't have any official releases up yet or is .52 an official release. I was looking on ATT website and couldn't find anyhting. I believe Vodafone has .37 official release ?

Thanks all....

Here's an older thread on what Quincy is all about:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=29173

No, there's no official release of 4.5.0.52 for the 8310.

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

52 does not have the quincy apps

Quote Originally Posted by joel_bud View Post
    oh OK I thought it was .46...sweet I going to install it. Do you know about that Quincey application. I don't use any 3rd party software either. When I installed .46 BB tried to install that software that sent an email to rim. I was just wondering if they install anything that we wouldnt want. im going to start the install shortly. awesome...

52 does not have the quincy apps. It is very stable and therefore not needed. I've been using it for a couple of weeks on my ATT 8310 w/o any issues.

quick question I upgraded to .52 and under advanced option I got something for wireless upgrade and it will let me upgrade if I hit it. I was just curious what its all about ? If anyone knows please let me know. I'm tempted to hit the upgrade link but I don't know if I should. Any help is appreciated...Thanks...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast