Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by dubai_bb ya, I have had 4.5.0.42 on my 8300 for 2 weeks ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    ya, I have had 4.5.0.42 on my 8300 for 2 weeks and its fast, and hasn't crashed on me once. I love it.
    I don't seem to have any issues.

phantom76 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B17B8
    using 4.5.0.46 and all seems well, nice and fast. Now if only I could get mini monitor or similar program to run with it all would be well
    206B17B8

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I dloaded 4.5.0.46 and actually find it to be a pretty stable and big improvement over 4.5.0.37...

The BIG issue i'm having is that every time i connect to the Device Mgr, it says that I have an OS upgrade available to install... but, i'm already at 0.46?

Seems like it continually wants to re-install itself... Any idea what that's about?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

hilroyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I seem to have to change my password on a weekly basis, anyone know a way around this?
    To find the right answer one must know the right question

anthonyi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    My only issue is that the sound level is a lot lower than the old 4.2 OS. I have tried every 4.5 OS out there with my 8310 and the volume level sucks. I add times miss a lot of calls cause I can't hear it. That is the only issue I have and I can't believe I'm the only one complaining about this. Message me it anyone else is have this issue?
    PIN:24546815

anthonyi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    .46 right here and everything seems to be fine. Also .46 fixed a low sound bug from .37 for me!!
    You really think it fixed the sound on your 8310? I have tried every 4.5 OS out there and the sound level still is very low. It was fine under the old 4.2 OS.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by joel_bud View Post
    I'm going to keep.46 then and see. The quincy is under applications on the phone. It loads with the software. I have the same files as you and I think it came in the tools software. I installed the tools software after installing.46 I will just rollback to 46. There is under setting a bug think that you may want to disable also. The tools program had this thing for cell I forget what it was called properly I'll look and reply soon.....check under application on your bb phone and see if you find it...
    I have to agree .46 seems to be the best 4.5 so far. Minor bugs with .37. I am also seeing the performance gains and no more issues with the message indicator. I was very hesitant to do this upgrade as I bricked my 8310 installing the beta of this version. I recommend this upgrade.

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    [quote=hilroyy;798219]I seem to have to change my password on a weekly basis, anyone know a way around this?

Have you tried removing the IT policy? Are you connected to your company's BES network? I am also running the 4.5.0.46 on my 8310 and have no issues with changing my password. I have content protection set at the strongest level.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Any link for .46 please?

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    I had the problem with imputting data in the fields. The fix to that is to open the BB browser and hit the menu button(the 1 with the dots), go to options>general properties and uncheck enable cursor in column view. This should fix that problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven71 View Post
    I have 4.5.0.37 and the HTML works great along with camera, recorder and video...Now the big problem. I am unable to input data into the fields and send.
    On this site I cant put my user name or PW in and send. If I play with the view mode switch back and forth a couple of times then mess with java options I might be able to put them in but the log in button will not work.

I am able to write in the reply box but then I cant send anything. This is also true on BB forums and crackberry. Also Monster.com and other sites I try to use.

Also BB maps are there but no Icon. I see there is a work around for that on this site. I do not want to revert back to the 4.2 OS I really like the HTML e-mails and the browser look, but this is a PITA having to run to a computer to type and reply or post.

Any info would be appreciated if there are similar problems with other users and this problem.
    As far as the most stable os I'd have to say its .46. I upgraded from .37 and its much better
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    .45 user here, no problems, yet no WOWs either, I'm probably going to downgrade tomorrow nite just because I don't see any major improvements
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

toddmize no está en línea Stack level 1
    downloaded jde 4.5 os from BB site yet the DM shows no update avail. new DM & new os.?? What's the prob? deleted vendor.xml...still nothing. can u guys help?

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm now running v4.5.0.52 (platform 2.7.0.66) on my 8300 and have been testing it out for the past several hours. It is the most stable 4.5 OS that I've used, or heard about. I've had no issues whatsoever...no lockups, no reboots, no browser/cursor problems, no memory issues and the battery seems to be holding as normal.

I guess this platform is considered "beta", but I'm sticking with it until there are any additional benefits that I can gain from a newer platform (I'm not going to upgrade my OS just because I can...)

HTML mail is the best and things are working very smoothly. Hope others with different models have the same luck, when they find .52!

I've posted this information on a couple of other threads too, because I want my fellow 8300 pinstackers to know .52 is out there and works great!
    Last edited by finder216; 07-09-2008 at 08:19 AM.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm there too... was up, like a fool, until about 3am getting it installed and reconfiguring a few apps that lost their login info, and also resetting my T-Mobile WAP info (since my unlocked AT&T 8300 keeps reverting back to the cingular WAP every time I install a new OS!) - and then just playing. Now I'm running late for work, and going on 3 hours sleep! Aak! Addictions can mess up your life!

Anyway - .52 rel 75 seems very nice. Seems to have given me about 3MB more free memory than I had with .42, and hasn't lost any of it overnight (well...over the last 5 hours)...

Nice!

sptheboss no está en línea Stack level 1
    upgrading from .37 to .46 on my 8310 as we speak... you guys sure made me feel feel confident in doing so! lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast