Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I installed .46 Friday night. IT seems the performance gains are huge from .44 to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I installed .46 Friday night. IT seems the performance gains are huge from .44 to .46 for me. Boot time was cut nearly in half. And I cannot find Quincy on this thing anymore. If it IS there, it's not advertising itself like it was in .44. When I downloaded .46 there were 2 files. One was the OS and there was another separate install called RIM Internal Tools or something like that. Quincy may be there but I am not installing it to find out. Honestly, for the 8310, .46 is so far, for me, the best all around version so far. Supposedly there are some camera tweaks as well, but I don't know anything about it for sure. I don't really see a big difference. But it is working fine.

For what it's worth, .46 is a worthy upgrade.

joel_bud no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm going to keep.46 then and see. The quincy is under applications on the phone. It loads with the software. I have the same files as you and I think it came in the tools software. I installed the tools software after installing.46 I will just rollback to 46. There is under setting a bug think that you may want to disable also. The tools program had this thing for cell I forget what it was called properly I'll look and reply soon.....check under application on your bb phone and see if you find it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergiej View Post
    I installed .46 Friday night. IT seems the performance gains are huge from .44 to .46 for me. Boot time was cut nearly in half. And I cannot find Quincy on this thing anymore. If it IS there, it's not advertising itself like it was in .44. When I downloaded .46 there were 2 files. One was the OS and there was another separate install called RIM Internal Tools or something like that. Quincy may be there but I am not installing it to find out. Honestly, for the 8310, .46 is so far, for me, the best all around version so far. Supposedly there are some camera tweaks as well, but I don't know anything about it for sure. I don't really see a big difference. But it is working fine.

For what it's worth, .46 is a worthy upgrade.

uncleheavy no está en línea Stack level 1
    where can you download .46

I think my main problem is battery problems ? from using .46 do you use GPS. I'm having a problem getting connected. I log in and such but when I go to find address its sits idle @ 100% for a little while and then tells me im outa coverage.....

I googled it for the new OS. they have it on several torrent sites....

do not install the internal tools. I just launched the installer for 4.5.0.46 and clicked remove and also did the same for the internal tools to get rid of this quincey stuff I'm going to remove everything and basically start fresh again....

also if you do have the quincey app it can be disabled and you can check options and un check everything that is checked. I dont trust it who knows if something is really being sent in the backround where we dont see....im gonna try for a freah install and see if all that crap installs with it

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    As far as the GPS goes, nope, I can't get a connection, either. Under options>advanced>gps I try to refresh, but it throws a failed message after a few minutes. OK, if I can't find .48 soon, then it's back to .44 for me tonight. Dang. IT seems so fast, too. Otherwise the best so far. Bummer.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleheavy View Post
    where can you download .46
    U cannot ask this on here read ur user aggrement

yeah my GPS is very flaky I got it to connect...its not doing it much. I left mine @ .46 I tried a restore earlier and I got an error message. What will have to be done is a software remove/reinstall and add the new OS again and then when the internal tools just not add any. that quincey app is on them also....I was going to rollback in hopes of more stable but I guess I will try this out and see how it rolls...just curious as to what everyone has had luck runing. Oh I also resent service books and it didnt make a change really....

back in business with GPS after going to the new OS .46 I went to the quincey app on my phone and to options and unchecked everything in there and when I tried hooking it back upto my pc it wanted to remove all the quincey apps. So after that I was still having GPS problems so I used the app remover and took GPS off the phone. Well after that I tried using the desktop manager to get it running again and it didnt show so I went to the phone and in the applications folder there was a icon for GPS. I went thru the process and have downloaded the newest GPS software and it seems to be running great. no more quincey and everything seems to be stable as of now. Also my phone is asking permissions to send data out and such. I think I got it all rocking smothly....

BB8310 V4.5.0.46 platform 2.7.0.63

this made my day complete as of earlier I was looking into going back to 4.2 i was dreading it all....

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    4.5.0.48 is the most stable OS on the market right now.....

yeah I just got .46 I havent seen .48 some of the ones I used in the past have been ruff for my cell phone. anyone know where you can find a good cheap battery, if not I'm sure I can find one. I know ATT will probably have em but also want a hell of alot of $$$...Well thanks all....I'm pumped this phone is rocking and rolling. I'll know more tomorrow as I use it alot more for the business day...

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am using the .44 on my 8310 works great so far.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    .46 right here and everything seems to be fine. Also .46 fixed a low sound bug from .37 for me!!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I guess I need to find these new versions. I'm on .42 but haven't really had any problems with it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast