Isn't there a program you can use to actually explore your device, to be able ... BlackBerry Curve forum

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

What prog., and where

Advertisement

Isn't there a program you can use to actually explore your device, to be able to go in folders and such. Similar to microsoft active sync, on wm6. if there is, can you please send me a link for the app please. thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: What prog., and where

Not exactly sure what you're looking for.

If you're trying to explore your SD card...just go to Media, hit Menu, Select Explore.

Other than that you cannot access anything regarding the OS

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1
    Yea I knew about the sd card thing. That's kinda shiity that you can't explore the device itself. OS and WM6 both have their pros and cons,,,

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

FWIW, the dollars5 media player has a file explorer function. You can navigate to the folders and files, delete, rename, etc.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Yea I knew about the sd card thing. That's kinda shiity that you can't explore the device itself. OS and WM6 both have their pros and cons,,,
    Are you talking about a PC Application or one on your Device? Don't know of one. JVM Based cell phones don't necessarily have the same type of tree structure that Windows based phones have.

On the Device, you can explore the phone all you want. Try Options/Advanced Option/Applications. Then just scroll through and if you see one you want to know more about Open the menu and select Modules. Then for Data you can use Options/Status/Menu/Database Sized for data storage information. You already know about the media structure.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    FWIW, the dollars5 media player has a file explorer function. You can navigate to the folders and files, delete, rename, etc.
    How is this different from the native Media app?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    How is this different from the native Media app?

Rcbjr.
    No different; but the OP didn't seem to think reddog's suggestion (using the Media app) was what he/she was looking for. The only other application I knew of offhand to explore from the device was the dollars5 media player.

Oh, one difference though is that the Media app seems to be filtered for... well, media file extensions. While the dollars5 app isn't that much different, as it also doesn't let you see "everything" on the device/sdcard, I came away with the impression that I could see more. I could be mistaken though, and didn't reinstall the dollars5 player when I did a device reload a few weeks ago. It has my curiousity up though, so I might just do that now.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you use the Media App Explore function you can see anything that is loaded on the BB Media Card and that is accessible in the Device Memory. On the media card this includes jad, jar, cod and a bunch of other type files Only most can't be opened but jar can be installed that way. But I thought the OP wanted to see everything on the device, in a Windows type file tree. That just isn't the way RIM has organized it. Don't even know if it's possible with a JVM based device.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer