I have come across alot of wap sites, most of the time i cant even ... BlackBerry Curve forum

madness712002 no está en línea Stack level 1

What Is WAP?

Advertisement

I have come across alot of wap sites, most of the time i cant even read what it says on the page. Is there a speical program i need. I'm new as you can tell to blackberry. It is the best phone i have ever had , i dont think i could live without it now and dont know how i have this far.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via smartphone~
    Set your browser emulation to Blackberry. With the browser open hit Menu > Options > Browser Configuration, then scroll down to Emulation. Make sure you're using Column View also.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, to answer your thread title question, you might check out this definition if you want to know what it means.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    One thing that I have found to be very helpful is the glossary that is part of the help menu index. I am rather new to BB and have had no idea what many of the acronyms (like WAP) mean. I have not come across one yet that the glossary did not fully define and describe. Hope that helps you out in the future.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's a good tip for all of us, rx. For newbys who don't know about this, select the "help" icon on your BB, scroll down to the glossary, select it and enjoy reading definitions in alphabetical order.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It means, simply, Wireless Application Protocol. Simplistically explained, it is a standardized protocol for allowing cellular devices to access the internet.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan