I have tried to find out the difference between a .jar, which I did find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3

What is the difference between a .jar and a .alx file?

I have tried to find out the difference between a .jar, which I did find out it was a different kind of zip file but I have been downloading .alx files with no problem and now I have found a theme I really woud like to try and it is a .jar file. It is called the "Urban Groove Theme" and there are several different versions of it and I actually like them all but I can't install .jar files, so can anyone explain to me how and if I can use .jar files? I am running 4.5 OS with a BB Curve 8330. Is there a .alx file version of it or am I doing something wrong?

I am also confused on where to post this so if it needs to be moved please do so!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    JAR and JAD files are used for over the air downloads and installs. Most of the time you should be able to put those on your memory card and navigate to it and install it that way.

ALX and COD files are used with the desktop and the application loader

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    just go to pinstack via your blackberry,and download the file from there. .jar and .jad files can only be downloaded from your phone.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy