Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have tried to keep my free memory high but to be honest, I am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

What is a good free memory amount?

Advertisement

I have tried to keep my free memory high but to be honest, I am not sure what is a good number. Currently I have 24,772,800 free. I have My Cast Weather app, Jive Talk app, Sudoku game, Hangman game, & Mononpoly game. That is all I have added to my BB. Oh, I do have BBSmart thanks to the free app yesterday!! YAY!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: What is a good free memory amount?

I generally find that anything above about 12-13 MB is the best and keep the BB running stable and error free. Mine generally holds around 18-19 MB. When I get to the 12 range is when I most definitely perform a reset (Left ALT+ Right Shift + del key together) and start the game over again.

PIN/ID
    just ask

So I am still real good then? By the reset do you mean you wipe your BB? I am trying not to add too many games or apps on there, though I did just put Yellowpages on there, it was free and I have used it before. Status went 23,---,---.

So does that mean I have 23 MB? I am not good with the lingo!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeh you seem to be in good shape. Mine usually hovers around 10-12 and dips down to 6-8 occasionally. But even still I dont have problems even when its that low. So your 23-24 is fine there. And as far as the reset question, its just the equivalent of a battery pull. A wipe is when you set it back to factory settings which you mostly do when you are gonna sell it, or start over from scratch.
    Last edited by lovin2act; 01-25-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

PIN/ID
    just ask

Ok, thanks!!!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

I just did the alt+shift+delete thing and my free memory went from 12,888,555 to 12,538,444 =( And it's not like I ever downloaded any applications or anything... the only thing I can think of that's taking up my memory is some of my ringtones and the fact that I set up my text messages to stay for "forever." But I thought the reset thing was supposed to increase memory.

PIN/ID
    just ask

BTW, thanks for the shortcut to reboot my device. I have a cover over my BB and it is a pain to take off to take the battery out.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by adriii View Post
    I just did the alt+shift+delete thing and my free memory went from 12,888,555 to 12,538,444 =( And it's not like I ever downloaded any applications or anything... the only thing I can think of that's taking up my memory is some of my ringtones and the fact that I set up my text messages to stay for "forever." But I thought the reset thing was supposed to increase memory.

The Reboot will only free up memory if there is memory that has not been freed up correctly by the applications that are no longer running. 12 meg as you show is adequate. And some of the Newer Device Software Packages are a lot better than before at not having memory release problems. I noticed this latter advantage with AT&T's 4.2.2.166.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Mine says that I have about 18,860,153 file free. Is that pretty decent? I clear my event logs on a daily basis to ensure that my memory doesn't drop any lower. I have JiveTalk, Yahoo! Go, BBSmart Viewer, the BB thingy that lets you read blogs, the PS installer and the OS upgrade with Chinese.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeah yer good
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Whoo Hoo!!!

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F

Probably a stupid question, but how do you clear your event logs? My memory is super low, and I need to do something..

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~To clear event logs, hold down Alt key and press LGLG. Once in event log, hit menu then clear logs. Hope this helps.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have 19 apps with about 11MB free.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

I'ms also running about 26MB and I have never had problems with memory leaks or deleted messages, so you should be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast