Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a BBB (baby blackberry) user. I got my 1st 8900 back in July 2009. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mswendym no está en línea Stack level 1

What I'm I doing wrong?

Advertisement

I'm a BBB (baby blackberry) user. I got my 1st 8900 back in July 2009. Since then I've gone thru 10 phones. Today I received my 11th phone. most of my phone issuses were, that it kept "freezing" and saying "reload software" which often times didn't work. I watch very carefully what I download, I hope there wont have to be #12, I can't do this again, but I love the phone (when it's working). What I'm I doing wrong?

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Do you have a lot of apps that you've downloaded?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds like you've been loading some bad apps or themes. That's definitely unusual to go through that many devices with similar issues in that short of time. Maybe a list of all apps you use would be good, also limit your themes to just a couple extras on your device at a time.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Do you have a lot of apps that you've downloaded?
    I have about 10, how many is too many?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thats not too many for the 8900, you have 256MB of flash memory if my memory serves me correctly. In your case, its not the amount of apps, its one or some of your apps that are most likely causing you problems-maybe even a bad theme. A theme that is not working correctly can reek havoc on your Berry and cause all the problems you've described. As a rule of thumb, I use the native themes 90% of the time and at MOST have two custom themes on my device just for the reason I just described. If I was you, I would do a back up, then delete all the apps and themes, and reload them one at a time, testing my phone after each DL, this will pinpoint the one thats causing your problems. Good luck.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Sounds like you've been loading some bad apps or themes. That's definitely unusual to go through that many devices with similar issues in that short of time. Maybe a list of all apps you use would be good, also limit your themes to just a couple extras on your device at a time.
    Here are the apps I have: Blackberry World, Vlingo, Google Mobile, Personal Asst, Privus Mobile, Bible, Viigo, YouMail, MultiAlarm, PayPal, Snaptu, Color I'd, BeBuzz Free, Dictionary, SpoofApp, Bluffmycall, Weatherbug, BeWeather, Poynt, The Weather Network, Trapster, visible vote, and have one theme I got from Pinstack. What am I doing wrong?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Two things to try, while on your home screen hold the ALT key and type the letters lglg and look at the even log. Look for items in bold lettering that say Error or Severe Error, click on those and read through them, most of it won't make sense, but usually you will be able to see the name of the app causing the error. If you see anything try deleting that app and see if your problems persist.

Or you can do as chokem suggests, delete all your apps and add them back slowly, one at a time until you start having problems and can identify the possible trouble maker.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Two things to try, while on your home screen hold the ALT key and type the letters lglg and look at the even log. Look for items in bold lettering that say Error or Severe Error, click on those and read through them, most of it won't make sense, but usually you will be able to see the name of the app causing the error. If you see anything try deleting that app and see if your problems persist.

Or you can do as chokem suggests, delete all your apps and add them back slowly, one at a time until you start having problems and can identify the possible trouble maker.
    Thanks so much I will try them both

Quote Originally Posted by mswendym View Post
    Thanks so much I will try them both
    How often should I do a battery pull? Before, I had downloaded "QuickPull" is that ok to use and schedule a daily pull?

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    While you really should not HAVE too, it is ok to do a daily scheduled quickpull. I used to do one on my Storm1, when memory loss and limited memory was a real issue.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    While you really should not HAVE too, it is ok to do a daily scheduled quickpull. I used to do one on my Storm1, when memory loss and limited memory was a real issue.
    Thank you very much pkcable

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quickpull does not play well with all Berries. Worked great on my 9000, will not work with my 9700-had to delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Quickpull does not play well with all Berries. Worked great on my 9000, will not work with my 9700-had to delete it.
    I did notice on some of the phones I had, after it had done a "battery pull" the screen would come back with "Reload Software"
    Thank you chokem

PIN/ID
    nada
    youre welcome Wendy, hope you get all the bugs out
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't know about any other devices, but I tried quick pull on my pearl and I didn't really care for it. I use Soft Reset, and it works GREAT! It doesn't have all of the options quick pull had, but it, to me, is a lot simpler, and does the basic same thing. I had heard that Soft Reset didn't work with all BB's but some of the others here may have had more experience with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast