Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got my 8310 and dropped it in the parking lot as I was walking and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Got my 8310 and dropped it in the parking lot as I was walking and then proceeded to kick it. It was like a bad Marx brother scene. Now that I have my new bold.. I returned it becausee it almost burnt the side of my face after the second day. Bad battery or something in the charging circuit.

Within a few months I have changed the silver housing portion to black and a black trackball. I don't think I was breathing through the whole experience. Next thing to do is a better case for it or the custom backcover similar to Ranx and Cherri. (I envy them.)
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Sweet. Your battery almost burnt your face off?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    First thing I did when I got my Bold is to order a 4GB Sandisk, then an Otterbox. When the SD card came I DL all my mp3s, and backgrounds on it. Then I stared in with apps. I have about 15 apps and 3 custom themes, 225 mprs and about 50 custom backgrounds.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by dklimah View Post
    Sweet. Your battery almost burnt your face off?

I took my phone off the car charger and it was fine. I got a phone call and when I picked it up to answer it , the phone was extremely hot. I dropped it because it was almost too hot to hold. Went straight to the ATT store , who made me go home and get the box it came in, and replaced it completely. No problems with the new one.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

jovanthabrick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2465F07F
    protect screen, theme, hard cover and tunes was what i did.....im painting it now

xlarkascendingx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207959bd
    I first bought a 7900 or something ****y like that. The first day I had it I tried to install some application and I got some JVM_error. I took it to the Cincinnati Bell store where I got it, they didn't have anymore of those so they gave me a 8320 Curve for no extra cost.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    When I got my 8120 last year, I did the following:

Ordered an extended battery and 8 GB media card

Upgraded the OS

Loaded my phone with themes, apps and games

I had to get a new SIM card 3 weeks after I got the thing, and then had to revive the thing 3 weeks later after that due to a bad app install.

After all of the issues I have had with it, I'm surprised I still have the same unit I got last year. I'm hopefully giving it enough rest so I can use it this summer.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Not to mention I almost bent and nearly snapped the SIM card removing it from the phone (I had to swap the card back to the 8100 to get info from the 8100 to the 8120).

It has the same SIM holder that was on my 7100t and 7105t but getting the card out of the 8120 is not an easy task.

But its better than the 8100 because that SIM card door had a problem of coming open while the battery cover was still on the phone. I would wonder why I always had data problems and it would be because the door was open.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    All I knew then was that a blackberry can receive push mail. I didn't know about the apps, themes, wallpapers and the other things not native in the t-mobile 8100 pearl i got.

But I am from the Philippines and the pearl is a gift from a relative. I needed to have it unlocked first. When it was unlocked, then I asked our IT if they could do something about it so I can have the push mail function. Of course, that was not to happen as i am not under BES or BIS.

So, on the first week i was just reasearching about BlackBerry from T-mobile, from the RIM site, then I remember hearing about Crackberry from the EllendeGeneres show. Then I read from CB about BerryReview. and I discovered Pinstack, BGR, *****, and a lot more sites about BlackBerry.

I still don't know much about my BB, and I never pushed the idea of having pushmail and/or data plan but i'm happy to know of the apps and the functions that my pearl can do for my personal use of the device.

Now I have an SD card with ebooks, movies, mp3's, wallpapers and ringtones.
    I deleted some of the native apps (VAD), the media that came with the device, and have added themes (Hidden secrets by Cherri) the BB today plus, b-phone. Have also added some free apps and apps I won in PS and CB.

Perhaps because of my limited knowledge, I am still having second thoughts of updating the OS to 4.5. Maybe I would one of these days.

Oh, and had I known that I could have gotten the codes free from t-mobile to have my pearl unlocked, then i could have saved 30 USD for the unlocking. I missed that part on my reading... tsk tsk tsk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12