A cautionary tale to all, especially UK users. I have happily used a BB 8900 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

What happens when BBs go wrong....

Advertisement

A cautionary tale to all, especially UK users. I have happily used a BB 8900 since January on the O2 network, via Carphone Warehouse. Aside from the battery draining problems (which stopped when I ceased using the official supplied pouch with magnet), it has been troublefree.

However 10 days ago, the phone suddenly developed massive interference when both making and receiving calls - enough to render it useless as a phone. Having exhausted all the phone-based technical support, of which there was not much, I took it into Carphone Warehouse and despite pleading, was told the only solution was to send it to RIM and wait FOUR weeks for its repair or replacement. This was not quite the customer service solution I was expecting and as BB addicts well know, it has left me feeling somewhat paralysed. Especially as I have started a new business and currently have no laptop or paper diary etc.

Apparently, the only solution if this happens again (and to becoming bereft of man's best friend) is to either buy a 2nd handset, or to subscribe to the very expensive insurance policy.

Caveat Emptor - and thumbs down to RIM/Carphone Warehouse for such a poor solution.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I was under the impression that the UK consumers had warranties/rights that greatly exceeded most others.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Maybe we do, but in this case the full replacement warranty lasts only the first 28 days.