Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't seem to figure out how to use the bb converter. I was trying ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: What format should a video be converted to if I want to put it on my 8310?

Advertisement

I can't seem to figure out how to use the bb converter. I was trying to convert the video "With You" by Chris Brown onto my bb because I absolutely love that song and video. I also wanted to see if I could convert "Finding Nemo" and put it on my bb. Hehe.. I think I've already downloaded the bb converter. If you can give me some pointers on how to use that, I probably won't need to dl another program. I use a Mac though...

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Not sure on mac versions. But I have had good luck with 3gp and avi files.

What program did you download? I know on the pc I have bbvideoconverter, you tell it the video, then choose the BB 8800 option for me since I have the curve. It converts the video the either the program can transfer the video to my BB or I can move it myself.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I can't seem to convert the whole file, only half of it. (I would like something with no time limitations, preferably free, too.)
    That definitely sounds like a program that needs to be registered or cracked *coughs*. If your looking for serial (registeration codes) check out serials.ws that should help you with almost any proggie.
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

I'll have to write back later when I'm at home. I don't remember what the program I d/l'd was and I may have already deleted it. I found it one of the threads I visited..

The program recommended to me was Xilisoft.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Are there any programs out there that are free to download and use? I tried using a program someone suggested, but it cuts off after 5 minutes. I can't seem to convert the whole file, only half of it. (I would like something with no time limitations, preferably free, too.)
    There are a few freeware options - Mediacoder is one of them. I use this for converting video for the iPod, you can find it at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MediaCoder.htm.

There is also Super Converter from erightsoft but it's not very intuitive to set up, the homepage is http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Specs View Post
    There are a few freeware options - Mediacoder is one of them. I use this for converting video for the iPod, you can find it at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MediaCoder.htm.

There is also Super Converter from erightsoft but it's not very intuitive to set up, the homepage is http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Good luck!

Thanks for your help. I will have to try that when I get home. (Work sets up stupid firewalls and proxy thingys.)

illusionsdrift no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used avi and it froze my 8100 pearl
    but I think the file was to big

efidol no está en línea Stack level 1
    3gp is the only think that doesnt make my 8310 crash

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by efidol View Post
    3gp is the only think that doesnt make my 8310 crash
    Ditto, whenever I download ANY video, 3gp is the only one that doesn't mess with the phone. I've tried other formats, but this is the only one that works for me.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone know a good free program to rip dvds into a format that can be played on a BB?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12