I have been dealing with a huge memory leak for awhile now. I've deleted apps..battery ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

What exactly is a memory leak?

Advertisement

I have been dealing with a huge memory leak for awhile now. I've deleted apps..battery pull a couple times a day..etc.

Then it occurred to me that I don't really know what a memory leak is and why it happens in the first place. What apps typically cause it? I'd like to know because I'm quite sick of doing battery pulls and seeing the hourglass all the time.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Memory leak means that you are loosing free memory on your phone without reason
    Go to options,status and look for free space, could caused cause there are some app running in the background and also try deleting call logs,your browser cache and memory cleaner and old messages and cal events that you don't need and your event log too
    Hope that helps

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are OS mem leaks and application mem leaks. To find which you suffer do a wipe and read ONLY the OS. You will likely get quite far with no hourglass, many days. Add your apps back one at a time and run for a few days each until you find the offender. Then raise hell with that apps developer, all you can do.