I was wondering what the 'Security Timer Reset' and 'Screen Capture' settings do. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

butcheredboy no está en línea Stack level 1

What does 'Security Timer Reset' and 'Screen Capture' do?

Advertisement

I was wondering what the 'Security Timer Reset' and 'Screen Capture' settings do. I have a program that states/suggests that to set all of the application's permissions be set to 'Allow' to ensure the the program works properly. Normally however, the 'Security Timer Reset' and 'Screen Capture' settings above are set to 'Deny'. Since I'm not sure what these settings do, I do not want to change them without understanding more about them. Just to note, I do not know any other programs (that I use) that need these to be set to 'allow'. Thanks for any and all help.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    If the screen capture is like the app (capture It),then it's a way to sorta take a picture of what ever you have on your screen.It requires the allow permission,because it is an app that you use through your browser while serfing the web.It can be a handy app at times,and is easy to use too.I can't say for sure what function the security timer serves,since I have never used it.I hope this was some help to you,and I'm sorry it's taken so long for someone to get back to you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    From Help:

Screen Capturing:
    Specify whether third-party applications can take screen shots of the device screen.

Security Timer Reset:
    Specify whether third-party applications can reset the duration that your device remains unlocked after you stop using it.
    (This manual setting is changed in Options > Password.

[Edit: sorry, I'm basing this on my 8900, but it should still be similar.]
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by s4berry; 03-31-2009 at 09:37 PM.