Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Got mine yesterday and Im in love!... BlackBerry Curve forum

mysticpisces375 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Got mine yesterday and Im in love!

streetenigma23 no está en línea Cheating
    Tag for later.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got my second one just now and so far it's flawless... I just love this BB. It sold like crazy here in Phoenix. Some of the stores just got new batches, just 2 days later!

This one is better

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had to go to two different stores after waiting in line, but I got it wednesday!! Its really impressive so far, I just need to find a gps program that is free and good.
    I~via smartphone~

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by devingiles View Post
    I had to go to two different stores after waiting in line, but I got it wednesday!! Its really impressive so far, I just need to find a gps program that is free and good.
    I~via smartphone~
    You can give amaze gps a try. I have issues with it, but it's neat beause it has voice navigation. Google for the ota download.

waterwerks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ACA370
    I have to say that I love this 8900 compared to the 8100 and 8120 that I have had in the past it's like going to a Mercedes from a Yugo! I have already upgraded the OS to .133 and I have also unlocked the other themes that are preloaded in the OS since the two that it ships with are just not enough for me.

I am really enjoying the new Slacker Radio feature that I loaded on it yesterday that allows you to listen to streaming music.

The GPS and WiFi together in one phone makes me a very happy person because I now have the best of both worlds that you could not get before this. I have loaded the Latitude program for Google Maps and am really enjoying the fun that you can have with that.

The ability to Geotag your photos and the autofocus on the camera are two outstanding features that I will have fun with over time.

The two things I am still dealing with (since this is my first full keyboard phone) are the lack of suretype and just learning to type on the different keyboard..I am having to reprogram my fingers after having a small keyboard for the last 3 years on the 81XX Pearl phones.

Overall...I am very happy that I have made the move and look forward to new things to come for this handset.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via smartphone~

Watch out for Slacker radio. Streaming music and video can suck th life outta your data plan.

Hopefully you have unlimited data.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good upgrade and FREE : )

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my 8900 best berry so far, no questions asked. I still like my 8220 ( work demo line....sweet). BUT THE 8900 IS SO SWEET....
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

robbieclark73 no está en línea Stack level 1
    im happy with mine,had it for about 4 days i love it

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    The 8900 is awesome! Everyone should have one. ~via smartphone~

jonazen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been through loads of BB's -- 8700, 8800, pearl, 8300 -- and now 8900. I picked it up yesterday - and am really impressed so far. It feels like as much of an improvement over prior devices as the Curve felt over everything that preceded it. Spectacular!
    - Jon

SuicideUZI no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had mine for abotu 5 days now and I can safely say its the best phone I've ever owned. I am coming from the BB:Pearl 8120 on T-Mobile and it is indeed a worthy upgrade.

The higher resolution makes a big difference, I didnt even really notice it to much at first but then when I went back to my Pearl to clear everything off of it I was like wow I cant believe how much worse this looks.

My main concern with getting it was the small size of the keys since I was coming from the Pearl, and it did take a little getting used to but now I am loving having a full qwerty and not having to fight with suretype on certain words. Which reminds me of something I have been wondering, is there anyway to still make the curve have a word list while you are typing? It comes in useful sometimes as an on-the-fly spell checker.

The device itself is easily the sleekest looking phone ive ever owned, if not the sleekest phone on the market today, and also a really good size for having a full qwerty.

It runs smoother than my pearl did as well. My pearl had lagging issues on certain things like the game "Brick Breaker" but even with the upgraded version of Brick Breaker on the 8900 it seems to play it smoothly without a prob.

The new OS while not much different funcitonality wise does look a lot better, when I compare the OS and look of the phone itself to the previous curve that my brother has it makes his curve seem like a really old phone now.

Really there are only 2 things that bother me about the phone. One is I was hoping that with the 8900 I'd be able to have a good experience with sites like YouTube but the playback quality of YouTube clips are pretty bad on my phone, basically to the point of it not being worth messing with, as well as it having to buffer a lot on EDGE. The other thing is just the fact that when T-Mobile finally decides to get 3G in my area my phone isnt goign to support it :-/

Overall I am definitely satisfied with my upgrade and very happy that I didnt get a defective one, I know what that is like as my first Pearl 8120 was defective.

I am looking forward to RIM implementing their app store, im sure there will be some things on there that will make me like my 8900 even more.

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    Enjoy it just as much as I do my 8320. ~via smartphone~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    SuicideUZI, thanks for your feeback. I am a long time Pearl user and will consider making the jump to the 8900 or similar device if and when at&t gets it. I played around with 83xx series devices and could not get used to the smaller keys. Oh and I am also curious about the wordlist question you asked.

Can anyone else who moved from a Pearl to an 8900 (or 83xx series) please share you experiences. thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast