Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Form factor, screen resolution, BBM. Love them all. Web browsing: terrible. Period.... BlackBerry Curve forum

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29

Advertisement

Form factor, screen resolution, BBM. Love them all.

Web browsing: terrible. Period.
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    So yea got my 8900 about 1pm today after I had to drive to the UPS warehouse because they forgot to put it in the truck. Thought it was weird when another package was dropped off by UPS today but not my baby. So I go pick it up, open the box and have to hold back tears of joy. It was a beautiful bonding moment right there. So I grab the phone and noticed they put the SIM in cuz I had an empty SIM Card holder so I pick it up and I think to myself, WOW this is a light phone! Then I realized I was an idiot because they didn't put the battery in(lazy asses). Put the battery in and still a really light phone compared to the brick of the Storm and even lighter than my old 8800 which didn't have a camera or anything in it(weird). So get it all booted up and WOW the screen just pulled me in. I am pretty happy with the 2 themes that came with the phone(I love wallpapers that show off the screen density) and the phone is super fast. I will say that having 3G with verizon will be missed but I have WIFI at work and home so its not a big deal. Now I just gotta reload all the apps I had on my Storm. Well the compatible ones at least LOL

EDIT: In response the web browsing, noticed some sites don't format and get cut off halfway through. That sucks but I am digging the whole auto cursor that is controlled with the trackball.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I don't miss Suretype at all, and I really thought ST was the deal when I got the 8100. I can see the symbols on the keys better than the 8320. The red numbers I can't see quite so good. I like all the one key shortcuts to BB messenger, profiles, memo, calendar, all those apps. That's cool, I'll have to memorize them fast.
    I missed where all these shortcuts are.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I have had the 8900 for two months now. I love it!! The keyboard is just right and the size is perfect. I do like my Bold a lot, but the 8900 fits the hand, and it doesn't feel like a deck of cards against my head when I am talking on the phone.

IMHO it is the best BB to date. I have to agree with Hayden.

Uberspeed: Web browsing: terrible. Period.
    I have to agree. Of course there isn't a native BB browser that I would call good.

I had the opportunity to play with a Storm, an iPhone and an HTC running Android at the Edmonton Twestival (tweetup) tonight. I don't like the Storm. I don't like the iPhone, and the Android system is too new. However, I do like the browsers on the iPhone and the Android when compared to Blackberry. RIM needs to seriously consider the browsers in their devices. Given time and advancement, the browser issue could see me head over to Android.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-13-2009 at 03:11 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    I am pretty happy with the 2 themes that came with the phone(I love wallpapers that show off the screen density) and the phone is super fast.
    Heres a couple of more wallpapers that I thought showed off the resolution really good. http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...allpapers.html ..... idk if i can post links?
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I have had the 8900 for two months now. I love it!! The keyboard is just right and the size is perfect. I do like my Bold a lot, but the 8900 fits the hand, and it doesn't feel like a deck of cards against my head when I am talking on the phone.

I have to agree. Of course there isn't a native BB browser that I would call good.

I had the opportunity to play with a Storm, an iPhone and an HTC running Android at the Edmonton Twestival (tweetup) tonight. I don't like the Storm. I don't like the iPhone, and the Android system is too new. However, I do like the browsers on the iPhone and the Android when compared to Blackberry. RIM needs to seriously consider the browsers in their devices. Given time and advancement, the browser issue could see me head over to Android.

I knew it wouldn't take long for you to knock the storm. But as it goes i was in love with the 8900 as soon as I picked it up. And well the storm honestly has a whole learning curve/ getting used to it curve as it is so much different than any other BB. 8900 is truly a beautiful device. taking the best of a number of different previous devices and bundling them into this 1. trying to figure out how I can possibly get this...

Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    Heres a couple of more wallpapers that I thought showed off the resolution really good. http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...allpapers.html ..... idk if i can post links?
    Good lookin' out...

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    I knew it wouldn't take long for you to knock the storm. But as it goes i was in love with the 8900 as soon as I picked it up. And well the storm honestly has a whole learning curve/ getting used to it curve as it is so much different than any other BB. 8900 is truly a beautiful device. taking the best of a number of different previous devices and bundling them into this 1. trying to figure out how I can possibly get this...

Regards
    cHAd
    I just really don't like touch screen. My chubby digits can't seem to light up the proper letters in text. I noticed on yours that I had to touch about 1/2" inch below the buttons to select them. I suppose I could get used to it if I had to.

Fortunately... I DON'T HAVE TO!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Clittle07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just got my 8900 yesterday and so far i'm pretty pleased with it....haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it but the one thing I have noticed that i'm not a fan of is when u take a pic the lag in the time u press the button to the time it takes. but other than that no complaints just yet

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thats just the auto focus of the camera. it's a good thing!

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Clittle07 View Post
    Just got my 8900 yesterday and so far i'm pretty pleased with it....haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it but the one thing I have noticed that i'm not a fan of is when u take a pic the lag in the time u press the button to the time it takes. but other than that no complaints just yet
    That lag coupled with the 3.2 megapixel lens is what makes the camera on the 8900 the best BB camera to date!

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

I was also on the fence with Android. I do think it's the best OS out, I do think it'll be the one to beat very soon and the community support behind it is amazing. If they had a sexier device I would've been all over it. I fell to looks over function with the 8900, admittedly.
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Picked my 8900 yesterday...so far so good. Immediately put in the .133. The screen is great and this thing is light. Even though it is made of plastic, it looks and feels great. I ordered the Seidio case so that should be in soon.
    Last edited by Maximus; 02-13-2009 at 04:57 PM.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    thats just the auto focus of the camera. it's a good thing!
    Yah, at first I thought WTF? Why so slow? But the autofocus makes pics look awesome.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah i love the auto focus. it also allows for taking pictures much closer very clearly! before u couldn't take a picture of text without it being hazy... so this is a huge improvement that's for sure

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast