Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I got mine yesterday and have been constantly playing with it. Tried the wifi and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

What do you think about your 8900?

Advertisement

I got mine yesterday and have been constantly playing with it. Tried the wifi and gps which I was amazed. The OS it came with is very solid and quick, I dont think I'm going to upgrade it just yet. The keyboard is really nice, but for some reason I miss my suretype. Screen is brilliant and with the 3.5mm headphones it sounds amazing when playing videos and music (right when i got it swapped in my 4gb microsd card). The only thing that I didnt like is where they placed the micro usb for it to charge. On the near bottom right side, so when its charging, the cable is in between my fingers. But just one small thing should matter with all this good stuff. And the browser has really improved. I actually do prefer it over opera mini now. So whats your favorite thing about your new phone ????
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    UMA, definately.

I spend a lot of time in my basement (my home office is down there) and my signal isn't amazing. Badda bing! UMA. Problem solved.

To tell the truth, I haven't found anything I DISlike, except maybe that my hands are too big to key very accurately

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    I am glade i upgrade from the 8800 series, not to complain about except for the nope nothing I like how loud it is the speaker no this bad boy rocks loud. I to have to say my fingers are a little too fat for the keys pad. but oter than that I am not upgrading for a while. for gps i have amazegps work good with the internal GPS.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Been loving it for two months now and almost got bored of it but couldnt let it go Its the perfect blackberry overall for me.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I like everything about the 8900. My favorite thing is the atomic scroll ball, screen, and keyboard the screen reso of course! ~via smartphone~

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't miss Suretype at all, and I really thought ST was the deal when I got the 8100. I can see the symbols on the keys better than the 8320. The red numbers I can't see quite so good. I like all the one key shortcuts to BB messenger, profiles, memo, calendar, all those apps. That's cool, I'll have to memorize them fast.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Best BB to date.

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love mine. Got it yesterday and it's a masterpiece. It is the most beautiful blackberry out there and function wise is amazing.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I don't miss Suretype at all, and I really thought ST was the deal when I got the 8100. I can see the symbols on the keys better than the 8320. The red numbers I can't see quite so good. I like all the one key shortcuts to BB messenger, profiles, memo, calendar, all those apps. That's cool, I'll have to memorize them fast.
    Huh? What are those one key shortcuts to the apps? Do you have to set it up yourself? How?

I don't miss suretype on my 8100 either. I was getting a bit irked with it myself, even with the 4.5 version.

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I received mine yesterday too. Just getting used to it since I switched from the 8100.
    So

~via smartphone~

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    honestly, i don't miss suretype either. I'm still getting used to the smaller keys, but switching from an 8100 to an 8900, there's no comparison!! I'll miss my pearl, it did serve me well for 2 yrs.

annoying:
    1. micro usb port annoying when plugged in and trying to type on phone
    2. pocket pouch leaving some sticky substance on phone

2. screen res
    3. lock button on top
    4. everythine else

how is the video record? does it take good vids? haven't tried it yet

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine is great so far. Best BB I have had....

Except....

I have to return mine I am apparently the only one right now that has a glitched/defective camera... sigh...

I am waiting until the retail stores get another batch as they are all sold out!

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    Mine is great so far. Best BB I have had....

Except....

I have to return mine I am apparently the only one right now that has a glitched/defective camera... sigh...

I am waiting until the retail stores get another batch as they are all sold out!
    Dude that blows..... I got mine yesterday and now when I look over at my Pearl (you are still my little sweetheart) I say wow, there is absolutely NO comparison between the two phones. My wife is still diggin' her Pearl but informed me a few minutes ago that "I'm gonna have to buy her that phone and that's all there is to it".

I showed my friends at work and their jaws dropped when I put a movie on [Transformers]. The clarity and resolution of the movie that I encoded last weekend is sick on this phone Everything from the little wi-fi icon that shows up and the fonts that look so rich and contemporary.

I'm loving the zipping processor. That spinning on the Pearl whenever I wanted to do something was soooo annoying. I have not tried the TeleNav although I use the GPS with Google Maps. I'm not gonna pay for anything, so I won't even open it. Someone said it was $9.99 or $5.99 a month. Either way I ain't payin'.

Everyone I showed today was very impressed...(and jealous). It's fulfilling all of my Technology Jones'.

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Huh? What are those one key shortcuts to the apps? Do you have to set it up yourself? How?
    Interested, I have always liked keyboard shortcuts...
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far so good here!
    The speed that the gps picked up the satellites even from inside my house.
    The upgrades to the browser.
    The size.
    The media player sounds good. (Tested using a mixed playlist of Disturbed, Nickelback, and Red Hot Chili Peppers) ;-)
    The new look to the bb messenger.
    The auto-focus on the camera. Does put a lag in it though.
    Comes already loaded with pretty much everything you need.
    Calls sound great.
    The screen is sweet.
    Video quality is much better than in the 83xx Curve with the OS update.

Slight quirk:
    The slight lag from the time you press the shutter till it takes the actual pic. I know it's because the auto-focus is running, so it's not that big of a deal.

Good definitely outweighs the "slight quirk" with this berry. It's a keeper.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast