So for Christmas I upgraded to my first smart phone, a BB curve. First thing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Matt850 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wet curve

Advertisement

So for Christmas I upgraded to my first smart phone, a BB curve. First thing I do after opening it up is to of course plug it in to charge it up. Not 5 minutes later my younger brother was messing with it and as he reached to pick it up (He didn't notice it was plugged into the wall) the phone swung around and into a casserole dish full of water. I was close by and got it out almost immediately and began to go through the tasks I knew to dry it.... take out the battery and sim card (no pink on the sticker on the inside) blew out as much water as I could and stuck it under a fan.

Anyways... Today it appeared dry and I turned it on and it scared me when I noticed the colors on my screen were a bit off. I turned it off and just a few minutes ago tried again... same exact coloration and I am wondering if it is permanent. Is there an easier way to go about having this fixed? I don't know if it was insured (probably not) since it was a gift, is there an exchange or warranty policy for the curves that I can use since the stickers did not turn pink?

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Matt

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    do the rice trick and a little heat for a day
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe taking it apart and seeing if any little bits of water is left on the screen would help.

Matt850 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Would taking it apart not void what little bit of a warranty I have left?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yes it would void whataever you have left indeed but you already are out of warranty because water damage kills it.
    Try doing the rice trick as VR suggested its your best bet.
    Good luck