Hi - I have tried everything, inc removing every trace of RIM from my PC, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Weird Problem with DM 4.7

Advertisement

Hi - I have tried everything, inc removing every trace of RIM from my PC, then reloading 4.7. However, I can not get rid of the two DM icons that automatically appear each time I boot my PC - this includes two shortcuts on my desktop, two icons on the bottom right of my screen etc. It may not be doing any harm, but it is annoying. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening ?

The good news is that last time I removed/reloaded, it automatically detected an OS upgrade from O2 (UK) and I am now on .133, which I am sure is a good thing !

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Ok when you removed DM did you go to regedit and delete the RIM folders in HKEY current user, and HKEY local machine. Delete the folder in program files,and program files-common files. Also make sure hidden files are shown on your PC, there's a RIM folder located at C:\documents and settings\username\application data.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-23-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did all that - had the official RIM uninstall instructions to hand and I even made sure to destroy all folders and files in the other users' (login) files as well. I thought this last point might have been the problem first time, as I did discover one un-removed file in my wife's files, but no it still showed the two icons etc on re-boot. Puzzling, isnt it ?

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Is this the only double icon you have. What I mean is, you don't have 2 windows folders or documents folders do you?

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    Don't use 4.7 to many issues i recommend 4.3-4.5

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    4.6 is pretty stable too...