So this is super weird, I have never experienced this before. I hope someone can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC

Weird noise when a notification comes in

Advertisement

So this is super weird, I have never experienced this before. I hope someone can help me out!

So I have a brand new 8900, just got it like 3 days ago. Basically what is happening is that whenever I get a notification, I can hear this faint tune and it vibrates and then it will play my normal notification sound. It does this as well when I receive an incoming call.

I have T-mo (and work for them) and I called customer care and then did some troubleshooting (I already did everything I could think of) and then I did a handheld wipe. When I did the handheld wipe I didn't uninstall any 3rd party apps that I have so that is really the only other thing I can think of.

Even after doing the wipe, it still does the same thing.

The weird thing is that the sound is super quiet and it isn't a ringtone that I have on my phone at all. I did have berry buzz on my phone but I uninstalled it because I thought that that might have had something to do with it.

It hasn't always been doing this (or maybe I just started noticing it) but I really noticed today. It doesnt make a difference what profile I am on either.

The sound kinda sounds like "dodadado, dodadado" but has more of a rythym to it.

Has anyone else heard of this? Any suggestions? I am hoping to talk to blackberry support again tomorrow, but I was wondering if this has ever been heard of.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hmm that is an odd one.
    Any idea what the song may be? does it do it even if you have it set to just vibrate?
    I'd say after you talk to tech support again and it persists you have grounds to new one...
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Manevitch no está en línea Stack level 1
    Are you hearing this from the BB itself or through speakers that are close by? The "dodadado" makes me think you're hearing the radio transmitting and receiving data, which is often picked up by unshielded speakers or even headphones.

PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    I have my phone on the silent profile (with all the defaults set) and it is still making that sound. I don't know if it is the speaker or what. When I hold it up to my ear, i can hear it louder when i face the back to my ear then the front. It is the exact same tone each time and I have never heard it before.

It really isn't a big deal, but now that I have realized that it still makes noise when it is on silent, I am more concerned about getting it fixed.

It could be it transmitting a signal, but wouldn't it make the sound when I am sending something out too? I dont here in unless I am receiving something.

I did just do the latest os update to the 4.6.1.231 (i think that is what it is) and I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

Jess

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have a custom ringtone? Does it happen when you use the canned ringtones?

PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    I have all the notifications set on ones that came with the phone. I do have some ringtones on my memory card that I downloaded from blackberry a long time ago (from mobie.blackberry.com) do you think that this would have anything to do with it? No matter what ringtone I have set it still does it. and now my sounds are defaulting back to what it is set as for my defaults.

Right now I am doing another system wipe with my 3rd party apps deleted as well to see if that makes a difference.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    try it without your media card..
    just a thought
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What the other poster meant with the speakers is usually like a popping sound, but it does have a rhythm to it. If the sound seems to be coming straight from the device, I'm wondering if it's a hardware problem with the speaker, like a grounding issue that's causing that. If you can tell it's more of a musical tone then just rhythmic noise being generated, then I'd say no to my first thought. Let us know how this goes for you though.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS