I'm trying to connect via uma to browse. I have a yellow line on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

Weird browser

Advertisement

I'm trying to connect via uma to browse. I have a yellow line on the wifi connection meaning its available I guess. When I went through the setup it said it was a success and that I'm connected. And browser speeds I'm opera mine 4 beta are a little faster than usual but I don't have a uma icon anywhere. And then if I go to the advanced options for wifi it says I'm not connected. What's up. Am I or not?

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Weird browser

Browser is confusing me too
    Not sure if the default should be on tzones,internet, or wifi browser. Connection to router was a success and wifi connections is set to automatic. What would be the best settings, or do you have to manually change the browser when you go from wifi to EDGE?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

The yellow line means the wifi is turned on, but no connection is made. Do you have wireless enabled on the router? Do you have a WEP key?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    Browser is confusing me too
    Not sure if the default should be on tzones,internet, or wifi browser. Connection to router was a success and wifi connections is set to automatic. What would be the best settings, or do you have to manually change the browser when you go from wifi to EDGE?
    I just leave my browser set to Internet Browser as default, I'm still playing around with it, but I do notice the automatic speed increase when connected to wifi, don't need to change any settings.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

i have mine set for WIFI for while im at home and on my way to work i put it on internet, i dont ever have it on tzones because if you hit home it goes to tzones...and what can you do on a blackberry with tzones...?

I manually change it because i dont see it being automatic anywhere.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Tzones is a WAP only browser. And pretty much all you can do it browse Tzones. But seeing as how you can do that from the regular internet browser, it's useless for BIS users.

I may be mistaken, but I think it may be used for company portals and stuff for BES users. Sorry, not to much of a BES geek.