Hi guys. I received my 8900 in the mail yesterday around noon. I fully charged ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Weird Battery Issue on Day One

Hi guys. I received my 8900 in the mail yesterday around noon. I fully charged it, then put my SIM card in a fired it up. I played with it non-stop from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm with wi-fi on, music playing, surfing the internet, etc. The Status showed battery level at 80% at the end of the night. I turned the device completely off before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it would not turn on. So I did a battery pull and got a solid red light on the LED but nothing on the screen. I plugged it in and about 20 minutes later it finally turned itself on. Under Status, the battery showed 0% charge. It is recharging now. (PS: I am NOT using the holster at all so that is not the problem.)

Summary: When the device is turned on, the battery consumption appears normal, but it completely discharged when it was turned off.

Questions: How could the battery fall from 80% to 0% overnight when the device was turned completely OFF? Will it help me to perform an OS update? Any ideas or suggestions?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    It could be a defective battery.

What 3rd party software do you have installed and running? Are you leaving wifi turned on?

Since it is only a day old, I'd ask them for a replacement battery.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    ask me
    that is quite odd... never heard of that before... best i can suggest is to run it after a full charge and not turn it off and see how long it lasts for you...

worst case, maybe the battery is defective?