Sometimes I find the Curve is draining the battery at a rapid rate- so it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

curve123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Weird Battery Drain Problem

Advertisement

Sometimes I find the Curve is draining the battery at a rapid rate- so it will completely discharge overnight- but this does not always happen. I have closed all running apps that can be closed. I think because the battery sometimes works it is not a battery problem- any thoughts? Was on the o2 OS, now "upgraded" to the TMO-

tia

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Weird Battery Drain Problem

do you have any 3rd party instant messenger, also what is your signal strength. I once had that happened to me and found out the next day that a tower near my house went down and my device spent the whole night trying to find server which in turn caused the battery to die.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

curve123 no está en línea Stack level 2

No Third Party apps that are running- deleted the BB IM app.. Wondering if this is the phone itself, a configuration of the phone that is making it run all the time, or the battery- will swap out the battery- If no one else has these problems, maybe it suggests a problem with the phone??

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I have seen my battery discharge rapidly also once and a while... It will go from like 30 to like 0 and turn off my wireless radio. I would suggest contacting AT&T for a replacement battery and if that doesn't fix it talk to them about getting a replacement handset.