Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I couldn't get on with Weather Eye. It was not updating and would spend several ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MintyMocha no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I couldn't get on with Weather Eye. It was not updating and would spend several hours at the same temperature even though it had obviously gotten colder. Even clicking the icon did not update it.

Couldn't get Accuweather as it was giving a 504 gateway timeout error. Tried 8-9times and gave up.

I have YWeather which you have to physically click to see the weather, and also weather bug free version (thanks for the link for that RoGro). I'll see which I prefer in a couple of days.

fpetrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had the best results with Accuweatheer.com they are used professionly also.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Can anyone help, weather apps are one of the most used apps I have Last night Weatherbug just stopped showing temp on the icon, which I really like. I tried Weathereye but my city isn't supported apparently, it gives me one that is too far away to be any use. I tried bbweather but get an error about tunnel failed. Getting a bit frustrated at this point. Don't want to pay a monthly sub, and buying an app for a weather forcast/temp seems a bit much. Has anyone any info on how to get bbweather to work (on tmobile 4.6 unlocked 8900) or suggestions foe Weatherbug? Removed WB and reinstalled which worked for about an hour, then right back to the normal icon. Thanks in advance. (Sorry about one long paragraph...no word wrap apparently)
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

fpetrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I need to correct my spelling. The web site is Accuweather.com

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like Weather Eye. My town is not supported but one 2 miles away is. Simple and works really well.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    I cannot trust Accuweather. It will state in my town its Blarn' Bloody sunny and I walk outside its pouring rain.

Hate it ! Never accurate !

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellidansa View Post
    I cannot trust Accuweather. It will state in my town its Blarn' Bloody sunny and I walk outside its pouring rain.

Hate it ! Never accurate !
    That's why I stopped using it a while back after about a week. I use BBWeather, works like a charm. It polls it's info from the Weatherchannel. Doesn't get more accurate than that

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Use this one its pretty cool..
    Midlets.eu

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    On a whim I installed bbweather over the past week. Was really pleased until this weekend. My gf has weatherbug installed on hers and told me there was a weather alert. Looked at mine and nothing but the temp. So clicked on forecast and saw itd be a little chilly, nothing more.
    Central VA is getting a bit of snow and bbweather had nothing on it. WB was giving constant alerts.
    Switched back right then.

The alerts are cool. And given I drive 50 miles to work it was nice to have the heads up.
    Haven't had any issues with it since fixing the APN settings.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    [quote=jfcooley;1075099]On a whim I installed bbweather over the past week. Was really pleased until this weekend. My gf has weatherbug installed on hers and told me there was a weather alert. Looked at mine and nothing but the temp. So clicked on forecast and saw itd be a little chilly, nothing more.
    Central VA is getting a bit of snow and bbweather had nothing on it. WB was giving constant alerts.
    Switched back right then.

------------------------

Jf.,

Thanks for the tip...I live within the So. Maryland area, and those "alerts" mean a great deal, considering I reside folks call it "tornado/hurricane alley". I am rarely near a television...always stuck on a commuter bus ! GRRRRRRRR !

Thanks again !

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Np. Hope you got to enjoy the snow. Heck, WB even had the wind chill alert last night. You can even set up profiles for custom audible alerts for those weather hazzards.
    As well, once installed go to Options-WeatherBug-WeatherBug Portal and you can install different additional icons for forecast, pollen, tropical weather alerts and a few more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12