Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone help, weather apps are one of the most used apps I have Last ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

weather app issues

Advertisement

Can anyone help, weather apps are one of the most used apps I have Last night Weatherbug just stopped showing temp on the icon, which I really like. I tried Weathereye but my city isn't supported apparently, it gives me one that is too far away to be any use. I tried bbweather but get an error about tunnel failed. Getting a bit frustrated at this point. Don't want to pay a monthly sub, and buying an app for a weather forcast/temp seems a bit much. Has anyone any info on how to get bbweather to work (on tmobile 4.6 unlocked 8900) or suggestions foe Weatherbug? Removed WB and reinstalled which worked for about an hour, then right back to the normal icon. Thanks in advance. (Sorry about one long paragraph...no word wrap apparently)
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    I use viigo it's a rss feed app but you can get the weather on it.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Try WeatherEye... get it here -----> http://blackberry.theweathernetwork.com

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^ I think the OP tried weathereye and their city wasn't supported.

Yeah, tried Weathereye but can't get it to find Charlottesville Va.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    WOW that's weird... I'm in Roanoke and it shows my city.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I used to use BBweather, but someone told me about the push service from accuweather.

you can get it from the bb home page, works well. gives you an icon you can just highlight and it tells you the weather, click on it and it takes you to the forecast page. pretty nice and simple.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    WeatherBug has both a free application and a subscribed application.

I prefer it over WeatherEye as you have way more options for locations. Not exactly sure what the differences are between the two, but I'm sure the paid application is a lot more robust. The free app is sufficient for my needs at this point.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    I just use weathereye. Its always there and accurate. Hmm wonder what other apps there are that can locate the weather for your city.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    WeatherEye will not give me a short forcast, No Data in Honolulu.

Weathereye-no coverage if you will for my city. Bbweather-tunnel error. Weatherbug-no temp on icon. Any ideas why tunnel error on bbweather?

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where is the ota download for weatherbug? Or do they have one. I had its once on my 830. It would be great if someone could post it.

[QUOTE=RoGro;1063622]WeatherBug has both a free application and a subscribed application.w

Io prefer it over WeatherEye as you have way more options for locations. Not exactly sure what the differences are between the two, but I'm sure the paid application is a lot more robust. The free app is sufficient for my needs at this point.[/QUOTE
    ]
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I tried bbweather but get an error about tunnel failed. Getting a bit frustrated at this point. Don't want to pay a monthly sub, and buying an app for a weather forcast/temp seems a bit much. Has anyone any info on how to get bbweather to work (on tmobile 4.6 unlocked 8900) or suggestions foe Weatherbug? )
    I use BBWeather and it's worked well with my Pearl as well. I find the "Weather Channel" more accurate and more reputable than AccuWeather. When setting up, click on the trackball or Menu button (I forget which) and scroll down to optons. A "Current Profiles" window will open up. Click trackball and "ADD". Location ID will be blank and is where you would put the "weather ID" for your city which can be found on your PC at the Weather Channel

In the address bar, after the weather.com/weather/local is your ID for your city. Remember the ID and place in the location ID line. Example for San Diego would be USCA0982 (US for United States and CA for California. Your state code will differ). The description would be your city and you have the option for 5 or 7-day forecasts. DO NOT FORGET to checkmark ---> Disable MDS Proxy or it will not work. Enjoy!!

P.S. You can also add more cities doing this same process.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Can anyone help, weather apps are one of the most used apps I have Last night Weatherbug just stopped showing temp on the icon, which I really like. I tried Weathereye but my city isn't supported apparently, it gives me one that is too far away to be any use. I tried bbweather but get an error about tunnel failed. Getting a bit frustrated at this point. Don't want to pay a monthly sub, and buying an app for a weather forcast/temp seems a bit much. Has anyone any info on how to get bbweather to work (on tmobile 4.6 unlocked 8900) or suggestions foe Weatherbug? Removed WB and reinstalled which worked for about an hour, then right back to the normal icon. Thanks in advance. (Sorry about one long paragraph...no word wrap apparently)
    I dont know if this is part of the issue with the weatherbug icon but when i went to download weatherbug it has a note updating users stating that "the forecast icon is no longer installed by default" and that "you can access it and download the forecast extension through the weatherbug portal after install" Hope that helps

After talking with one of the development team I got this solved. I had foirgotten to fix my APN settings for at&t. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast