is there any weather app you guys/gals recommend for the blackberry curve???... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

weather app?

Advertisement

is there any weather app you guys/gals recommend for the blackberry curve???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: weather app?

The weather channel app works fine, but it is not free.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

yes... it works just fine for me -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

BB weather works fine for me as well (Curve on T-Mobile with BIS). Also found other ways to get weather, including Y! Go (from Yahoo - pretty neat little multi-widget application with news, weather, entertainment, sports, finance, etc, and an impressive interface for a device like this. Y! Go is also free. Maufait is also free, and offers weather as well as local search too.

The commercial applications (weather channel, accuweather, weather bug) are gorgeous, and have the best user interfaces and features - but you have to be willing to pay an annual fee. I personally find this situation irritating, because the Windows Mobile world has already overcome this issue - and BB users are simply stuck paying for subscriptions because our weather software apps haven't caught up with Windows Mobile versions yet.

There are applications like SPB weather for WM5/6 that give you beautiful displays formatted perfectly for your device screen, and even the ability to customize icon sets (for sun/moon/clouds/snow displays), select multiple cities to monitor, etc. If you look at these, you'll see that screen real estate is used much better than with apps like BB Weather (which requires you to scroll down to see everything). Of real note, however, is that you pay for these applications ONCE: and then you get to use them pretty much indefinitely, as they take their weather info from 3rd party weather services - and there's no server or service that a subscription would be paying for.

As many will notice, BB Weather doesn't require a subscription. At some point, the BB software community will recognize the opportunity, and create a couple of weather apps that do not require subscriptions - there's absolutely no reason that a perfectly gorgeous app couldn't be created to compete with the likes of weather bug - and work without an ongoing subscription.

As far as I can tell, we're in this situation only because, for the moment, we haven't caught up with the Windows Mobile community in this area just yet. But it's just a matter of time - I wouldn't be surprised to see a really good BB weather app out sometime in the next few months.

gtiger no está en línea Stack level 1

set google as home page and add weather to your home page. it lets you add lot of other things like news and stocks.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    BB weather works fine for me as well (Curve on T-Mobile with BIS). Also found other ways to get weather, including Y! Go (from Yahoo - pretty neat little multi-widget application with news, weather, entertainment, sports, finance, etc, and an impressive interface for a device like this. Y! Go is also free. Maufait is also free, and offers weather as well as local search too.
    I tried downloading Yahoo Go the other night and it said that it isnt out for 8320 Curve yet but will be soon. I too have TMO, Where did you DL it from? I miss it, used to use it on my Pearl

This is what I keep getting when I try to download it

Last edited by harm_dzines; 10-18-2007 at 04:38 PM.

CRT080277 no está en línea Stack level 1

Accuweather seems the best to me.

alsam no está en línea Stack level 1

I use yahoo 2 on my 8310, although I had several misfires in getting it to download.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

mobile.wunderground.com

check this site for weather, gives live radar just like weather channel, i have bb weather and this app on my phone, it is awesome and free..