Hey guys, I have been wondering where the water indicators are for the BB8330. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Water Indicators?

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I have been wondering where the water indicators are for the BB8330. I know that there are 2 that are visible with the back cover off. One on the battery and one inside the casing where the battery sits, both of which are easily visible.

I have looked at some other shots of the BBs that have been taken apart but i did not notice any more water indicators.

does anyone know if there are other additional indicators?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Are you trying to warranty it or something? Because if your phone is water damaged they will know even if your stickers are white because the parts inside will have shorted and that's how they'll know and they will deny your claim anyway. But I do believe that's all the LDI's (liquid damage indicator's) on it.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    What the heck?? Indicators for water??? Is this in case you drop your phone in the toilet or something? LOL I've never heard of such a thing. I didn't know any cell phone had this inside. Can a person not tell if their phone isn't working because it got wet? I would think that's a given.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubward View Post
    What the heck?? Indicators for water??? Is this in case you drop your phone in the toilet or something? LOL I've never heard of such a thing. I didn't know any cell phone had this inside. Can a person not tell if their phone isn't working because it got wet? I would think that's a given.
    they are for the carriers so they can deny a claim if it's had water damage.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Its not the carriers its the manufactures. They are trying to protect product loss vs. profit because some people will do whatever they can to get something free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK
    The phone i have is working erratically. Sometimes the phone keyboard will just not work. in fact, not a single button on the whole phone works when it gets in this mood. however, this usually only lasts about 4-5 hours and only has appeared like 2 in about 3 weeks. here is the kicker. the water indicator on the battery is fine. the water indicator on the phone has turned pink. i want to see if there is another indicator somewhere to let me know for sure.

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    I understand now. Thanks for the clarification.

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    I once to my sisters broke bb apart and there where like 10 more scattered in the phone there is the main one u see but there are a lot more thru out the inside of the phone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I had a BB tech from T-Mobile inform me there are other indicators as well, besides the one near the battery. He mentioned there were some behind the keyboard as well.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    yea that is what i figured. i am just not sure i want to dig around inside the phone and mess it up more. oh well. guess i will just have too assume it is h20 damage and fork up big bucks

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    take your battery out, there is little white blocks with pink spots in it.. and when water touches it the pink spots bleed. plain and simple, kinda like a pimple.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman2208 View Post
    yea that is what i figured. i am just not sure i want to dig around inside the phone and mess it up more. oh well. guess i will just have too assume it is h20 damage and fork up big bucks

why dont u claim it lost and cough up insurance$ instead of buying a new fone??
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go on eBay, they sell them there. You could have ended up in my position from a few years ago where you buy a phone, the insurance isn't transfered, and then you're screwed.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    why dont u claim it lost and cough up insurance$ instead of buying a new fone??
    You shouldn't even have to claim it lost if you have the carrier's insurance policy. I know T-Mobile and Verizon both cover liquid damage. Third Party insurers on the other hand have different levels to cover liquid damage units.

Zo

jallen14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    There are other indicators inside the phone. I have seen instances where there not be any signs of liquid damage on the outer indicators, but if you open the phone up and look on the inside, evidence is visible. Also, there is often times corrosion that is visible from inside the clam shell if a phone has sustained liquid damage. Like Smurf said, your best bet is to claim you lost it and pay the claim fee instead of turning it in on your warranty.