My roomate put his blackberry 8300 thru the wash 3-4 months ago. We were both ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jamminph88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Water Damage Question....

Advertisement

My roomate put his blackberry 8300 thru the wash 3-4 months ago. We were both convinced it was broken, and he gave it to me to fix or sell for parts. I just listed it on ebay, and checked to see if it was working any better. IT APPEARS TO BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL! I put my sim card (no data plan) in it, and it appears to operate fully except for having "No Service" regardless of my attempts to connect it. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? or do i need a blackberry data plan? Also, should I relist it as a working water damaged phone?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    are you sure the SIM card itself is working properly? And yes, if you put it on ebay please tell the folks its water damaged.

The sim card was taken out of my working phone. And i listed it as water damaged and not working...but now it appears to work.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    your SIM should work regardless of data plan or no. Make sure your "radio" function is turned on. go to the icon at the bottom that says manage connections, the pop up should say turn all connections off if the radio is on and working properly. If it says turn all conn. on click on that and it will turn your radio on

fdjordan no está en línea Stack level 2
    It sounds like you have fried the radio IC on the circuit. This is common in blackberry water damage. Meaning, no matter the sim or service your not going to get a signal.
    Davey Jordan
    Bionic Wireless
    www.BionicWirelessOnline.com

thats what I assumed happened, but I was astonished when I found my recently received text messages showed up on the blackberry...were they simply being read from the sim card? or is there hope that the phone could work again?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Might still be salavgeable but I would try turning the radio signal on under manage connections.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is your SIM and your roommates BB on the same network?

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    open up and submerge the motherboard in alcohol(without the screen) and gently scrub with a toothbrush also clean any contacs that have white or greenish residue this has resurected many water damaged phones and electronics for me! note:completely dry before putting back together!