I picked up the iphone earlier this week, unlocked it and everything. The thing shinies ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Was about to leave the curve for the iphone....NOT

Advertisement

I picked up the iphone earlier this week, unlocked it and everything. The thing shinies for multimedia stuff but for simple messaging and emailing, forget it, Blackberry is King and unfortunately for the iphone thats what I do most. So I returned it and came back to my curve. I felt bad for leaving, another reason why I want to do something nice for it and upgrade it to the 4.5 beta . They dont call this thing a crack berry for nothing.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I totally agree with you. I got to play with an IPhone for a few weeks when I was on vacation and liked it, but not enough to switch

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    I think for messaging and email what sells the iPhone is the interface and the pretty layout...and thats about it.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I totally agree. I played with my brother-in-laws iphone for about an hour one day, had some really cool games. I got to thinking later that night, "Man I wonder if I should think about getting one." Then I started thinking about what it was I like about it, then it hit me, the games. Why would I get rid of my Berry for a toy? Answer..... I WON'T!

pepelu no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I got to play with an IPhone for a few weeks when I was on vacation and liked it, but not enough to switch
    Exactly the same happened to me.The Iphone is cool to play around but when you need some serious work done in terms of email or messaging,there is nothing like Blackberry.

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    My brother has an iphone and likes it but I think of it as a toy and I'm not a kid anymore! The interface is all good but the berry has more to offer. He hates me know cause I showed him what all the berry has to offer and now he wants to get one hahahaha. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    I thought of it as meant maybe for the younger crowd, and even so when it comes to messaging and/or emails even the sidekick puts it to shame I think. Overall, it just couldnt handle all my emailing and messaging(by the way it doesnt really have a decent messenger that even runs in the background). I kid you not, the battery was already almost out by 5 1/2 hours. With my use, I would have to charge it between 2-3 times a day? Forget that, battery life was just not up to par either. I'm glad I came back, and I really hope that Blackberry 9000 is some sort of gag
    They better not get rid of this signature blackberry backlit keyboard I've grown to love

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the iPhone for 2 weeks. Like the op, I thought it was a very cool device but after loading music and movies and playing with it for a while I realized I don't listen to music or watch movies on my phone. I do make calls, get calls (couldn't hear iPhone ring or feel it vibrate), use email, cut and paste, and use Mapquest Navigator nightly for my job via a puck on my 8320. I also prefer the tactile keyboard and smaller size (lengthwise) of the BB.
    Previously I never had email on a phone but now I wouldn't be without it. It has worked flawlessly with my .mac accounts and the "delete on handheld and mailbox" option is so cool. Get rid of junk email on your desktop while anywhere!
    The main reason was hotspot@home however. After coming home with the then $600.00 iPhone and being forced to sit it on my window sill to use it with a bt headset, well, what's the point in that?
    I had wanted a phone that syncs well with my Mac but Missing Sync has taken care of that for the most part.
    I had to return my first BB the next day as it wouldn't register the sim card and I just got my third when a pin in the usb connector broke off but the T-Mobile corp store down the street has been very nice about things. I bought the dock to use for charging until my replacement unit arrived, but kept it afterwards, as sitting it in the dock is easier for me and easier on the usb connector too. I didn't even know a dock existed until the rep presented it as an option, a much needed one as I couldn't charge the phone otherwise. Too bad you can't sync through it.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I played around with one for a few days in the corporate store when it came out, and obviously there are those who LOVE them so that's fine. But for me it was just a fancy multimedia toy. I don't need a $600 ipod, don't even have an ipod anyway. I can't stand the keyboard and hate the whole touch screen concept, had 2 treo's and will NEVER go back to stylus pens or touch! I am really not looking forward to that with the 9xxx series.
    I need my BB for the functionality that it offers and IMO the icrap could never match up!