I've heard plenty of different versions of this. I want to change my new 8900 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tuner2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Warranty Sticker?

Advertisement

I've heard plenty of different versions of this. I want to change my new 8900 original titanium bezel with a black one. I've read on different forums that it does and does not void your warranty because you have to remove or puncture the red warranty sticker. Does anyone know if it does void your warranty or can you get away with it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    is that what that little red sticker was? haha
    i took it off bc it looked stupid
    but i havent sent in my BB for warranty issues either so im wondering the same question...
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're asking if removing the warranty sticker that is put there to prevent you from opening up the unit voids the warranty if you remove it to open up the unit. I would think so, yeah otherwise they probably wouldn't have put it there.

bbmagical no está en línea Stack level 1
    who knows i have changed my bezel to black too looks miles better in my opinion my warrenty sticker is long gone lol

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    The desire to be different is great. I bet if the 8900 came with a black bezel everyone would be wanting to change it to chrome. I changed my battery door to black and might have actually changed to gray if it was black to begin with. Same thing with cars. My last BMW had front reflectors that most people in my club changed to body color. My current car came with body color inserts that everyone changed to reflectors. Kind of funny.

ashabees no está en línea Themes Pro
    I heard it does. The sticker is there too make sure you don't open up your blackberry. I believe it also detects water damage. I haven't opened my blackberry up or anything and mine already broke. I haven't even messed with the darn thing. So if you ever need anything done just tell them that it was in a ridiculous place and you had to take your battery cover off alot too reboot it. That's what i'm gonna do if I ever need to send mine off.

Good Luck!

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashabees View Post
    I heard it does. The sticker is there too make sure you don't open up your blackberry. I believe it also detects water damage. I haven't opened my blackberry up or anything and mine already broke. I haven't even messed with the darn thing. So if you ever need anything done just tell them that it was in a ridiculous place and you had to take your battery cover off alot too reboot it. That's what i'm gonna do if I ever need to send mine off.

Good Luck!

no tell them that they put the sticker in a perfect place.
    Last edited by caboose06; 04-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.

ashabees no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    no tell them that they put the sticker in a prefect place.

Well.....why would you want to do that?

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Remove the sticker with tweezers and then place it back exactly where it goes. That is what I did.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Yeah, I dunno caboose, seems silly to tell them it's in the perfect place, when it's not. They need to park that sucker right behind the speaker or something.... I'd have to agree with Ashabees and moose. Most encounters I've had with RIM have been pleasant, so you might wanna bypass your carrier if you do have any troubles with them because of the sticker.

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    i say this because, it is in the prefect place. if you were to open it yourself you would void the warranty, but seeing as how they placed it in the perfect place, you can just blame the missing sticker on the fact that you pulled your battery mulit times. thus saving your warranty status, or at least it would seem,,,