Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ouch. Please update your profile info. Sorry to hear. I was hoping the 8900 new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

ouch. Please update your profile info.

Sorry to hear. I was hoping the 8900 new usb design would fix that old curve issue that some have had.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    ouch. Please update your profile info.

Sorry to hear. I was hoping the 8900 new usb design would fix that old curve issue that some have had.

The outlet is definitely better than it was on the 8300's. The problem arises when you don't push the plug STRAIGHT in. If you are on a bit of an angle you can catch the edge of the outlet inside the case, thus pushing the outlet up or down.

Let's face it folks. These are fragile devices. The smaller things get, the more fragile they become. The price we pay for tiny devices is we must be careful with the connections.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yup I find many times its misuse. I've had to tell several people not to wiggle when pulling out. Its either straight push in or pull out, never side way movements. OUCH!

But the wiggle seems be so popular. Be gentle out there

Lol man i just re-read that. I'm talkin BB's here.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    lmao, I was wondering just what we were talking about. I had to check where I was. The connection on the 83xx are very easy to mess up so caution is a must.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    lmao, I was wondering just what we were talking about. I had to check where I was. The connection on the 83xx are very easy to mess up so caution is a must.

this is a job for MacGyver aka Raton. If you can break it, he can fix using car keys, pens, duct tape......
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Methinks Joe's device was updated, but profile left the same... ;-)
    Sirthinks? LOL!
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry, don't see a profile update option on the wap site. In the end I was able to get a new unit from tmo. I've since fallen harder in love with the 8900 but still have gripes. Youtube crashes horribly every 3rd video or so. the whole device reboots. The last time it happened it even caused my 8gb memory card to crash after the device rebooted, but then you run a scandisk in Windows, then reboot, it comes back to life. The 8900 is great for the most part, don't get me wrong, but once again its the same old buggy remove the battery pos world we endure. Java is a crappy platform plain and simple. I'm still holding an antique. The 8900 is far from revolutionary if I have legacy issues that have plagued us since 1999. Anyhoo, careful with the usb ports folks. Be gentle when you push it in and pull it out.
    Last edited by joedali; 02-16-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12