Ok so I think it is called the Zen theme... But I like that some ... BlackBerry Curve forum

snatraps99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Want to customize Zen theme...

Advertisement

Ok so I think it is called the Zen theme... But I like that some unread messages and upcoming calendar events show on the main screen. However, I do NOT want the "call log" there or "applications". Is there a way to remove them from this theme? Also, I'd like it to show more than 2 unread messages and two upcoming calendar events.... Is this possible? thanks all... My boss got me this thing and I love it!!!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    welcome to the stacks.please fill out your device info so folks can better help you.it sounds like you are looking for a custom theme with today and zen icons.you will need to have 4.5 os before you can do that.

How do I know which OS I have? I am like super new to all of this. I don't sync anything yet... I have no clue what BIS is... I don't know what "pushing" (in BB terms) means... I feel like I should go to MIT to figure this thing out.

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which BB do you have? If you fill out your device info we can help you much more effectively. On the banner on top right click "My Tools", "Edit Profile" and fill in the info. Then we will be able to tell you how to access information on your BB, once we know which one you have.

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    On your BB press and hold alt then EACE the third line down will tell u which version you currently have installed.

Ok, that was cool! It says 4.3.0.127 (202)... It is a bb 8330 (Verizon Curve) Hope this helps...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    There's some custom today+ themes in the stacks but you might think about posting a request in the themes forum to grab the themes builders attention, and give us an idea of what pictures, or ideas you would like to see

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I just want my main screen to show only unread messages and calendar events... I want to call log gone and the "applications" gone... Basically I want to keep the Zen theme just as is... I like the pic I have.. and so on... just never use the call log there nor the "applications"...

OK You want to hear how new I am at this BB stuff? I am not even using the Zen theme... I am using the Today theme... that is the one I want to customize.... I am getting to old for this stuff! HA!

mithed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31b2be00
    I feel your pain snatraps99. I'm a pretty new member to the BB family, and a recent addition to pinstack. The nice thing with this forum is that there are plenty of people here that can answer any question you have now, and WILL have in the future about your blackberry.

If you follow the downloads link at the top of the page and look for free blackberry themes you will be directed to a page that lists blackberrys by type. From there click on the 8300 curve option and you will have a list of themes that many people on the stacks have created. You will want to find the ones that have an OS listing that is NOT 4.5 until you have updated your OS.

That should at least get you started for now. Hopefully you will find a theme that fits what you are looking for.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    here's my advice.find a theme you can live with.get a little more experience in the blackberry world then start building your own themes.it takes some time and patience but is not very hard.you can always get good help on here when you get stuck as i still do.there are a ton of super themes out there but you sound kinda like me.your never really satisfied with a theme.i have made my own theme and still continue to change it almost daily.
    perfection....i'm sure it's out there ....