for some reason my phone will not charge on the wall or usb chargers if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63

Wall charger/usb charger help

Advertisement

for some reason my phone will not charge on the wall or usb chargers if i put the wire in all the way. Not sure if its a mini usb or what. but when it does charge it will be only for about 4 seconds then stop. I have to charge it with the wire bearly in any. Might i have dust or some thing in the usb port plz help.
    Blazen2000-bb4life

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, if you are having this same trouble with both the wall charger and with the usb hooked to your computer, then I would say the problem is with the usb port on your BB. Are you using the charger and usb cable that came with the BB or after market products? Does the port feel loose?

If you have a warranty or insurance, you should call for a replacement device.

If not, then check for a local cell phone repair shop and see if they do BlackBerry repairs. Or there are some online like bbrepairshop.com....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    thanks azstar. Its weird i restarted my computer and phone and now its working fine. I have the original chargers that came with it. could it be a program or some thing else i have tons of memory. I have erased my old msg sms and mms. Weird. Oh ya it was charging but the dm did not recognize it till i restarted my comp.
    Blazen2000-bb4life

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well good, glad its working for you now. Once in a while they just act up. Last week one day my DM wouldn't recognize my Curve. I rebooted my BB and my PC and still wouldn't recognize. I could use mass storage mode and add and remove things on my media card, but neither the DM or JL_Cmder would recognize my Curve. Then I hooked up my son's Pearl and it recognized that. So I tried my Curve again and then it worked.....it was wierd.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~