Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

S i just got a BB 8320 for free off amazon after rebates. And with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

waiting for my 8320 to come in, what to dl first?

Advertisement

S i just got a BB 8320 for free off amazon after rebates. And with so much fun stuff to do, I'm not sure where to star I know Opera mobile and prob. the NES emulator but where should a newb start in the world of BB.
    thAnks
    Frank-Thomas

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Download Soft Reset in the download section here.Also Beyond 411 and Pinstack launcher. They are all free in the download section.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    update the curve os to 4.5.0.18 so it will record video. go to http://wls.live.com with your blackberry browser and get live search for blackberry (make sure your browser option is set to emulate blackberry mode or it wont recognize your device). install viigo news reader. if you dont have unlimited data, buy jivetalk instant messenger because it can be set to use wifi. get yahoo go also.

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC
    no need to download the soft reset when you could use (hold left alt, right cap, and del) to do soft resets and it dont take up memory. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by abad View Post
    no need to download the soft reset when you could use (hold left alt, right cap, and del) to do soft resets and it dont take up memory. ;p
    nice to know, ive been sitting on my computer watching the ups tracking information hoping it is getting closer

go head and install the blackberry desktop manager version 4.3 and hunt down the os 4.5.0.18 update. that way when u plug in the blackberry the updates will install

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by abad View Post
    Is there a way for this to work with the 8100?
    ~Lauren

also ditch blackberry maps and get google maps. google maps uses the nearest cell tower to determine your location

Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    go head and install the blackberry desktop manager version 4.3 and hunt down the os 4.5.0.18 update. that way when u plug in the blackberry the updates will install
    i did some searching on torrent sites but i
    coulfn't tell if it was 4.5.0.18 that i was downloading, where can i find it for sure?

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthomas View Post
    i did some searching on torrent sites but i
    coulfn't tell if it was 4.5.0.18 that i was downloading, where can i find it for sure?
    unfortunatly you are all on your own as far as finding a copy of 4.5, asking here violates the stacks fourm rules..

however, I agree with what has already been said, since i am on my 3rd 8320 in the last 6 months, i've gotten the hang of it...

1) like nastyboy2 said, totally ditch bb maps for "google maps", easy ota install.

2) i don't know if you use aim, but "jivetalk" is great, there is a free 30 day trial to check it out, ota download.

3) the "pinstack launcher" is great, if this is your first bb, then i'm sure you will learn lots in these fourms. ota download.

4) "Beyond 411" is also a must, i realized i don't use it THAT much, but it's super useful when i do need it...i suppose that's the point though. haha. pretty sure ota download.

5) i really "like Berry-a-Code", it's not available for ota anymore, but you can find the zip file in the download section, it automatically enters a city and state for unknown numbers that call you, it's pretty neat.

congrats on the new bb and welcome to pinstack!!
    Last edited by aldie; 04-19-2008 at 12:23 PM.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    No need for the 4.5 yet. Get comfortable with your bb first. I would also a 4GB MicroSD card. I suggest Viigo, Google Mobile Update(it includes Google Maps, Google Search, and other Google related items), Pinstack Launcher, Beyond 411, WorldMate, BBSmart Email Viewer, Texas Hold'em(if you're into poker)
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Wait am I mis reading or is the new OS software for the 8320 out?? to record videos?

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboi View Post
    No need for the 4.5 yet. Get comfortable with your bb first. I would also a 4GB MicroSD card. I suggest Viigo, Google Mobile Update(it includes Google Maps, Google Search, and other Google related items), Pinstack Launcher, Beyond 411, WorldMate, BBSmart Email Viewer, Texas Hold'em(if you're into poker)
    yeah i was thinking about not wantingto deal with a beta as of right now. im just scared because my bb is still in the mail and my gf already feels like i have a bad obsession with the pinstack forum. oh and i got a 4gb card and a silcone case from bb but im not sure how well it will protect because it's kinda thin

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboi View Post
    i found a 4gb microsd on ebay for $16+$10 shipping. office depot has been selling them for $40.

get a case like this off ebay. i paid $14 including shipping. it offers good protection from scratches and has an opening for the trackball. here is the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-CINGULAR-OE...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by nastyboy2; 04-20-2008 at 05:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast