Anyone know why I would be getting an error (W002) I think... when trying to ... BlackBerry Curve forum
W002 error on 8320 Wi-Fi connections
Anyone know why I would be getting an error (W002) I think... when trying to access certain hot-spots? They are "OPEN" wireless networks.
W002 - Wi-Fi Connection Failed
Meaning: The phone was unable to get an IP address from the DHCP server in order to establish a connection.
1. If WEP encryption is in use, check that the key configured on the router matches the key entered on the phone.
2. DHCP may be disabled on the wireless router and there is no other DHCP server on the network. Make sure that the option of DHCP is set to enable on the wireless router.
3. DHCP pool may be exhausted - Need to increase the range of the DHCP server. If the number of devices currently connected to the WLAN is greater than the number of IP addresses available, then increase the range.
4. The wireless network the user is trying to connect to is configured for static IP addresses only, check with the system administrator for an IP address assignment.
5. Check if MAC filtering is enabled on the wireless router. If it is, check that the phone MAC address is on the Safe List, if not, add it.
Hope this helps.
Tags for this Thread