OK - I'm pretty frustrated and I've tried everything I can think of. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mtrimmer no está en línea Stack level 2

VZW Curve WILL NOT connect as Mass Storage

Advertisement

OK - I'm pretty frustrated and I've tried everything I can think of. I have a VZW Curve and a Pearl (as well as multiple WinXP laptops) and have never had ANY problems connecting devices....until my Curve and my HP laptop. When I plug-in my Curve, I get an unknown device and have to force the RIM USB driver to connect to the Desktop Manager, but the mass storage just won't work. I've done a clean re-install of DM and the device software (per RIM's KB) and still nothing. Any other PC, the Curve drivers install perfectly and I'm good to know. What am I missing? Is there a specific file / driver / inf that I need to delete or update so that my laptop can see this device correctly? My Pearl installs and connects fine with this laptop as well, so I have NO idea where to start. Suggestions?

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Have you tried going into your phone options and checking to see if you set the options for mass storage by turning on your media card? just can't figure out what else it could be. Let me know if it helps. Arkmons razor. Sometimes the simplelest answer is the right one

Thanks for the suggestion and I have checked - the thing I can't understand is that it WORKS as is on a different device (WindowsXP) with no issues, so I don't think that it's the 8330...
    But the laptop that won't talk to the 8330 will talk just fine to the Pearl I have...

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Man that's a tough one have you tried contacting your provider and explaining the problem? Sounds like its just a simple fire wall issue

It's not a device problem, so Verizon can't help... The 8330 installs and mounts correctly on any other WinXP device I attach it to. It has something to do with drivers / software loaded on THIS laptop - the problem is that other devices (8130 VZW) work fine. I've captured the changes made to a clean XP installation and I am attempting to purge any of this information out of the registry, but that's a shot in the dark. ANY other suggestions?

Thanks for the attempt, scottvicius - i re-installed Windows!