Just got a second 8330 and noticed the "color" of the screen is very different ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xraydoc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question VZW Curve 8330 Screen Differences

Advertisement

Just got a second 8330 and noticed the "color" of the screen is very different than my other 8330. Has a blue tint vs a reddish tint on old one. New one is on the left. Anyone else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    bad screens...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

clhdo4self no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen

The phones may be made in different places. I've seen this before on Sanyo phone where there was a huge screen difference and one was made in China, and the other was made in Japan.

EthanCole Guest
    it just looks brighter....

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    You should be able to check the mfg. Location under the battery. It is suprising that RIM isn't tighter on their quality controls. That said I have had four of their devices and I have never had an issue with quality.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Both were made in Canada. Different LCD manufactuerers? When I googled this I actually found more info re this on the iPhone!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3

Screen differences

I purchased the vzw curve 8330 the day it was released (May 08). My wife just purchased the same phone today (May 30). She took a pic of me and sent it to my phone. When I looked at the same pic on both phones side-by-side I noticed a HUGE difference. The colors on my phone look completely washed-out compared to hers. We called verizon and they had no problem with sending me a new one. So for anyone out there who purchased one of the first batch of vzw curves I would suggest checking into this asap.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

Is yours the more blue one? Let us know if your new one is better or the same. Thanks. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I noticed the same thing with my 2 Pearls. The 8120 screen has a grey tint to it. The 8100 doesn't.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.

mikells43 no está en línea Stack level 1
    im worried about this too. im analabout my stuff esp techy stuff u kno. i just got the bb curve yesterday. i had a pearl before(still do its on ebay). i still like the pearl tho. theres a tiny chip my curve has that it came with and i dont kno what to do. i was debating on calling vzw and having an rma. but i dont kno. i have a bestskinsever skin comin for it. i have a clear protector on my pearl

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    every screen cant be made 100% like the next. there will always be small imperfections in all the devices. try not to look sooo hard
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.