I have a Verizon Curve 8330 that is about 6 months old. I put the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xbrianx no está en línea Stack level 1

VZW 8330 keys completely unresponsive

Advertisement

I have a Verizon Curve 8330 that is about 6 months old. I put the latest OS on it last week and out of the blue today in the middle of using it all keys went seemingly completely dead. When I plug it in or start it up & the screen lights up I can scroll all day long but nothing will click. I can't type, answer phone calls, use either convenience keys, nothing. I pulled the battery in the ballpark of about 50 times over the course of the night while letting it sit for awhile & still nothing. I also restored everything, still no luck. I didn't hit the phone or get it wet & I just got done using it when it stopped responding. I figured the memory got jumbled and it froze as first but it has yet to correct itself. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Probably your best bet is to head on down to your local Verizon store and have them replace it. If it's only 6 months old it should still be covered by the manufacture's warranty. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

xheadguitar7x no está en línea Stack level 1
    i had the same thing happen to my blackberry.

i just went to the verizon store and they gave me a number to call and sent me a refurb phone. be weary though, they sent me a refurb with a broken camera.

Good point, xhead.

xbrian, maybe you can just check the phone over while in the store and avoid the shipment issue.

(What's with all the "x's") xjblackfishx
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

schramalama1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A088F1
    i actually had the exact same issue and i took it to my local verizon store and they ended up giving me a brand new one since the manufacture's warranty was still good. ive never had good luck with refurbed phones.
    xXErikXx

Thank you for all the suggestions. I did take it down to the Verizon store on Saturday and I should have another one in my hands tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately none of their Verizon stores in my area had one so I had to get a refurb. Now here's my next issues. Since none of the keys work, how can I wipe the phone clean before I send it back?

xbrainx, Try this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion but none of the keys on my BB work at all. Does anyone know of a way to wipe it clean without being able to use any of the keys on the phone?

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    Plug the phone into your computer and reinstall the handheld software. That is going to be your best bet. I would do it if your info is confidential.

8330fan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can verify that using the desktop software is a good alternative for wiping the device...and that it should be done before you send it back to Verizon.

HateMeILoveIt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31C433D1
    Just throw it against the wall. I hate verizon so much.. Always with the refurbs.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~