Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have yet to search the fourms to see if anyone has done it yet. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

metalgearchris no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3026FA8E

Thumbs up Vzw 4.5 8330

Advertisement

I have yet to search the fourms to see if anyone has done it yet. I have put 4.5 device update on my 8330 and it works very well. please leave comments on your thoughts of 4.5 my pin is 3026FA8E

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeahh, Im pretty sure hundreds of people, including myself have already done this. You must be pretty lazy to not see the numerous threads on the first page of this sub-forum titled 4.5 etc. etc.

Possibly you have a newer version of 4.5? You might want to let us know what 4.5 you're running.

For instance, Im running the Official MTS Mobility 4.5 Release, and before that, I was running 4.5.0.51. Both worked well but the MTS version sped up my phone, and internet.

I would say this thread is somewhat useless because there are at least 5 other threads including this one:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80574
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 08-24-2008 at 04:28 PM.

andrew.peron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3029AA4B
    I'm running 4.5.0.66, and i haven't had a single problem with it.
    The only thing that bugs me is that the HTML email doesn't automatically download the images, even though i have it set to. It's just a pain to have to manually use the "Get Images" menu item everytime I want to see my HTML email. Other than that, it's been great. I'm not 100% sure, but it also seems like I'm getting better battery life while using 4.5.0.66 than with 4.3.0.127.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    4.5.0.77 made its unofficial debut late last night.

I have it running on my VZW 8330 and have not experienced any issues. The HTML issues that are being reported regarding images are by design. RIM decided in order to protect you, externally linked images must be manually downloaded.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 08-28-2008 at 06:03 PM.

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB
    Installed the MTS Mobility release on the gf's Verizon 8330 two weeks ago, and have been running it on my Sprint 8330 with no issues as well.

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The .77, is it a BETA or Official release?
    Whatever it is, im updating my phone as we speak.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Hmm interesting. Anyhoo I tried the MTS Mobility version and I was a little disappointed. Somehow it seemed like a beta version. And while the memory management seemed better for me the phone would just freeze for minutes at time with no hour glass.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Hmm interesting. Anyhoo I tried the MTS Mobility version and I was a little disappointed. Somehow it seemed like a beta version. And while the memory management seemed better for me the phone would just freeze for minutes at time with no hour glass.

Thats pretty weird. I've been running MTS Mobility for a week or so now, and Ive been for the most part problem free. I did have one problem but that was solely due to a corrupt program, and not the OS itself at all.

MTS is great for anyone who would want to upgrade to a reliable, fast, and "east to use" OS.

However, dont just take my word for it. I encourage anyone who wants to upgrade to seach in and around the forum, to make sure its exactly what you're looking for. I only strongly recommend it.

Are you running any funky programs nickjoedotcom?

picko23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AE3BD5
    How do I get the new upgrade!, and how do I instal it?via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Man, check the rules for this forum.

jlatessa no está en línea Stack level 2
    I installed 4.5 and had no trouble with it, until I went to play videos. The display froze up (yet the video kept playing) and I eventually had to do a battery pull in order to get back to normal. Never had this problem with 4.3, and 4.2 (on my 8830). I'm not convinced 4.5 is ready yet, and MTS Mobility has pulled the offering as well. I won't install it again until it's ready, and released on a wide scale.

If you're running 4.3 on your 8300 series phone, 4.5 isn't THAT much of an improvement anyway. All you get is HTML e-mail (not worried about it), and the free version of Doc To Go (I already own DynoPlex's eOffice).

I went back to 4.3.

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jlatessa View Post

If you're running 4.3 on your 8300 series phone, 4.5 isn't THAT much of an improvement anyway. All you get is HTML e-mail (not worried about it), and the free version of Doc To Go (I already own DynoPlex's eOffice).

I went back to 4.3.
    Couldn't have said it better. Not much of an improvement, plus still no mms for Alltel, so the upgrade is indeed worthless unless of course you want html email and a really crippled version of docs to go. IF you dont need either of those the upgrade isn't really worth it until your carriers official OS is released.

Mitch R. no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B8E46E
    I could care less about the HTML email but the Docs2Go with Excel support is a nice free addition.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Its nice, but the basic version of Docs2Go that comes with 4.5 does not offer excel support, and you cannot create or delete documents.

I contemplated going back to 4.3 but I haven't had any issues with 4.5.0.56 yet and will probably leave it as is until an official version of 4.5 is released and STAYS available.

Mitch R. no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B8E46E
    If you register, you get a free update that adds excel support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast