I dont know if anyone else has tried this yet, but I'm having a bugger ... BlackBerry Curve forum

petergrace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CC6A3D

VPN on 8320?

Advertisement

I dont know if anyone else has tried this yet, but I'm having a bugger of a time getting VPN to work.

Wi-Fi is working fine, I've got an ip address on my local lan. I've tried pinging the remote VPN concentrator and the pings work fine.

I've tried advanced diagnostics on the wifi side and it says "VPN is disabled", concentrator IP is blank. I've double checked that my wireless profile has a vpn connection associated with it.

Watching packet traces, if I try to login to the vpn I don't even generate traffic. It says "Logging In", then "Disabled." At one point it popped up "Logging in." then "Logged out," but still did not generate any actual traffic over the access point!

If anyone has managed to get VPN working on the 8320, please let me know how you made it work!

For the record, I have my APN set as wap.voicestream.com, though I doubt that that may be the issue, since this should be all over wifi and avoid the APN, right?

Any help appreciated!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: VPN on 8320?

Have you tried this:

A virtual private network (VPN) profile contains the information required by a user account to log in to a VPN.

Note: To be valid, the VPN profile created on the BlackBerry smartphone must match the VPN profile created on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

To create a VPN profile on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
    1. In Options, click Security Options.
    2. Click VPN.
    3. From the VPN Profiles menu, click New.
    4. Click the VPN vendor type.
    5. Type a name for the VPN profile and specify the required VPN credentials. Note: contact the system administrator for more information regarding VPN credentials.
    6. From the menu, click Save to create a VPN profile on the BlackBerry smartphone

petergrace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CC6A3D

Re: VPN on 8320?

No BES here. I guess that means I'm SOL?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Have you tried this:

A virtual private network (VPN) profile contains the information required by a user account to log in to a VPN.

Note: To be valid, the VPN profile created on the BlackBerry smartphone must match the VPN profile created on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

To create a VPN profile on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
    1. In Options, click Security Options.
    2. Click VPN.
    3. From the VPN Profiles menu, click New.
    4. Click the VPN vendor type.
    5. Type a name for the VPN profile and specify the required VPN credentials. Note: contact the system administrator for more information regarding VPN credentials.
    6. From the menu, click Save to create a VPN profile on the BlackBerry smartphone