Is there any way to improve on the earpiece speaker volume of the 83xx Curve? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

davistld01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Volume Increase?

Advertisement

Is there any way to improve on the earpiece speaker volume of the 83xx Curve? I have some hearing loss in my "phone ear" (don't tell me to change ears...) and would like things a little louder if that's possible.

I have the volume setting at max, and my profile set to "Loud". I have also set the default volume at 100%. After all these attempts, I still find my new 8310 a notch or two softer than my old 8300 was. And, while I was still in my 30-day return window with AT&T I tried a couple more at my local store...and all were just as soft in the volume department.

I would appreciate some help. I'm not saying the 8310 is unusable...just that an improvement would be very welcome.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: Volume Increase?

I am not talking about media loudness...but only volume increase for incoming calls. I find it suprising that my previous 8300 was so much louder than my current 8310...

When I used a Treo 680 a while back, there was a software app called VolumeCare (I think...) that would increase the volume level across the board in every function...or at least gave it a greater amount of adjustability.

Any app available for BB that will do the same?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

not sure that there is...and the same goes for the earpiece speaker...it too is only soooo big and can only handle so many watts being pumped through it before it'll blow...i'm sure RIM did things right here...your best bet is to get a noise canceling ear piece (jawbone or motorola make the best) that way you'll be able to hear everything...hope this helps

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

try going into the media screen and click on options, at the bottom there's a setting for audio boost. if you press that you'll get a warning message about possible hearing loss from loud music. not sure if this applies to volume during phone calls but it works well for music

PIN/ID
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jikdoc View Post
    try going into the media screen and click on options, at the bottom there's a setting for audio boost. if you press that you'll get a warning message about possible hearing loss from loud music. not sure if this applies to volume during phone calls but it works well for music
    '

Nope...but, thanks.

PIN/ID
    N/A

Hey, jikdoc...

Had to come back and thank you for the media volume increase...because I suddenly noticed a huge improvement in earpiece volume today!!! Not distorted at all...very clear, and I would think about a 15-20% increase in volume! For me, that was plenty.

Maybe I just didn't notice it last night...I dunno. But...I'm stoked!!!

Hope this works for others looking for a little "boost".