My volume cuts in and out while Im trying to use the phone. The volume ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LiquidFX no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Volume goes up and down, cant even use it

Advertisement

My volume cuts in and out while Im trying to use the phone. The volume bar goes up and down and I cant even use the phone. Any ideas?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Are you experiencing similar issues with wired headset or bluetooth headset?

yes, wont play music either. it doesnt always do it, working fine now. its strange

mount2073 no está en línea Stack level 1

I think i'm having the same problem.

Does the volume just keep jumping up and down while making a call? I can't even get my speakerphone to work.... I did a battery pull and it doesn't work. I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by mount2073 View Post
    Does the volume just keep jumping up and down while making a call? I can't even get my speakerphone to work.... I did a battery pull and it doesn't work. I need help!
    same boat here

mount2073 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Fixed it! I just plugged in my headphones and unplugged them, and it did the trick. For some reason that's what triggers the problems.

mine doesnt work

gstjuice no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have this same exact problem!! here is what works for me to fix it.. i plug the hands-free headset half way into the phone and then tilt it down (to push the jack up toward the front of the phone). I pull the plug back out and then, after that i am able to use the phone regular again (speakerphone and internal earpiece works again.) I find that i have to do this once a day. There seams to be a short or something on the whole jack piece.. sometimes i actually just use my finger to wiggle the outside of the 3.5mm jack on the phone and that fixes it to! but i also found that there is replacement pieces like this on EBAY.. go to EBAY and type in this item number: 260340559280. I noticed that wen i wiggle it a little bit or push it a certain direction, i can stop the volume from jumping around and then my regular earpiece and mic on the phone works again... just seams to be a problem with the hands-free jack on the phone.

next i am going to open my phone up and see if a solder point is loose. I'll keep you updated. Please let me know if anything else comes up!