Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this issue on the 8330. If I put ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rmeitzler no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Volume buttons taking 8330 out of standby

Advertisement

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this issue on the 8330.

If I put my 8330 into standby with the Mute button on the top, all keys are locked as they should be except the mute button (which is OK) or the volume buttons which is not OK.

If I press either of the volume buttons when it is in Standby it will come out of standby.

Does anyone know of a way fix this? I have not seen any other posts on this subject.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    weird...doesnt happen with mine
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does it come completely out of standby or does it have the prompt on the screen that says "your device is now in stanby..."?

It comes completely out of standby, just as if I had pressed the Mute button again.

k4mjk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    No problems here running 4.5~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    As funny and cookie cutter of a response this is and the risk of sounding gratuitous: have you tried to pull the battery for 5 or 10 seconds to do a reset? Always worth a shot with these quirky things. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes, unfortunately I tried the battery pull already -- it did not work.

I am starting to suspect that maybe it was a program that I had installed sometime in the past. I tried a couple alternate media players (muitunes and berrytunes) and I am wondering if one of those changed the buttons somehow -- just a hunch.

I suppose I could un-install everything I have on the BB and see if it fixes itself.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have miutunes on my berry and have not experienced anything of the sort. I think that that program has been developed quite well and would not expect that would cause that error. I guess since you have done a battery pull that you tried the keys before opening any programs running in the background. Keep us updated. Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF
    Mine works fine.
    FMDT | The ORIGINAL MONKEYS!
    YAKUZA DRIFT!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    No issues on mine either

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeitzler View Post
    Yes, unfortunately I tried the battery pull already -- it did not work.

I am starting to suspect that maybe it was a program that I had installed sometime in the past. I tried a couple alternate media players (muitunes and berrytunes) and I am wondering if one of those changed the buttons somehow -- just a hunch.

I suppose I could un-install everything I have on the BB and see if it fixes itself.
    I also have tried muitunes and currently use BerryTunes(love the streaming podcasts and radio ).....and I do not have your issue with the volume buttons taking my BB out of standby.........so I doubt those were the problem.....but I suppose strange things can happen any time you install or delete applications.....weird glitches here and there.........

Hopefully when you upgrade to 4.5 when it gets released that will get resolved. Or if it really causes a problem for you, and you don't want to wait for 4.5, you could try wiping and reloading the OS.......or get a warrany replacement device.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to try to wipe and reload it to see if I can fix it. Now I just need to get up the nerve to do it and find the instructions on how to do it.

I will let you know if it was successful.

kvaughan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did the wipe fix your problem? I'm experiencing the same thing on OS 4.5.0.51, getting ready to upgrade to .66 and see if the problem is still there.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry, I have not done it yet, I have been busy. I still plan to one time permits. Please, if you do upgrade let me know if it fixes your issue.
    Thanks

kvaughan no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 4.5.0.66 upgrade did fix the problem. The volume buttons no longer bring it out of standby.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast