I notice the voice Notes can only be stored to system memory and no option ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AYN
    AYN no está en línea Stack level 2

Voive Notes can only be stored on system memory instead on the card

Advertisement

I notice the voice Notes can only be stored to system memory and no option to route to card. Any reason they do that? I am on 8300 OS 4.5.0.52 ATT.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Mine get saved to my media card....8330 on 4.3.0.124.

Maybe it's a 4.5 issue or a setting you need to change...I'll see if I can find a setting somewhere....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Is mass storage support set to on? Was the card formatted on the BB? When you go to Media/menu/explore/mediacard/BlackBerry....is there a folder there for voicenotes?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AYN
    yes all the above exist. both camera and video have the option to select where to save (media card or system memory), but not Voice note...maybe it's a RIMM fault....

I don't have the option to set where they get saved either (at least none I can find anyway). They just automatically get saved to my media card......... So maybe it is just a 4.5 glitch.....idk......~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Using 8320 with 4.5.0.46 and there is no option under Voice Notes to save it to the Media Card, however, I have two voice notes saved, and when I checked the properties of both, they are/were already stored to the Media Card.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    On my 8320, voice notes are stored on the Media Card.

AYN
    I remember I removed my media card during OS install, so the new OS assume to store the Voice note to what available. Just a wild guess...but anyhow, RIMM should give us the option even Voice note size is relative small....

AYN
    Ok I figure it out.

After recording, there is a folder type icon to let you select where to save. The default is card if you click the icon. However, if you immediately quit the voice note after recording, it will be automatically saved to the system memory. Thanks every for the help anyway!