This has been happening with my TMO 8320 since I got it...randomly voicemail will disappear ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Voicemail speed dial key becomes unassigned randomly

Advertisement

This has been happening with my TMO 8320 since I got it...randomly voicemail will disappear from the speed dial list or when use the 1(W) key to try to call voicemail it will say unknown number. So I then go to the speed dial list, but you can't add a number manually, it will only accept address book entries. When it does this, the ONLY way to get it back is a battery pull, which is annoying. Anyone else experience this? It's such a strange problem and I never had it with the Pearl. It does this seemingly randomly...I haven't been able to correlate it with anything else.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Voicemail speed dial key becomes unassigned randomly

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post

I appreciate it, but the conclusion in that massive 3-post thread was to pull the battery.

Like I said, that's what I have to do...but it's not a permanent fix, it eventually happens again.
    Last edited by AviatorJud; 12-23-2007 at 01:48 AM.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

when that happened to me i went to the W(1) speed dial and deleted it. restarted the bb and it came back up fine.
    Last edited by macallik; 12-23-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    when thathappened to me i went to the W(1) speed dial and deleted it. restarted the bb and it came back up fine.
    Ok...again, I understand that...but that is not a permanent fix...i have done that every time it has happened and it inevitably happens again. I take it that no one knows why it does it or how to prevent it.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorJud View Post
    Ok...again, I understand that...but that is not a permanent fix...i have done that every time it has happened and it inevitably happens again. I take it that no one knows why it does it or how to prevent it.
    It happened to me after I upgraded my OS to .180 I did the "fix" posted here and all has been fine since.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

it is either a bug in the version(s) of OS or low memory issue like it does for many with deleting call logs and messages. I couldn't tell you... but that thread didn't say just pull the battery but I posted you towards that thread because you said you were trying to add a speed dial. that thread said do the opposite and delete speed dial #1 (so it uses the voicemail settings.)
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-23-2007 at 10:43 AM.