Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I recieve an voicemail, it shows up with both the VM icon and a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Voicemail notification shows up in SMS

Advertisement

When I recieve an voicemail, it shows up with both the VM icon and a text in my SMS section, saying VoiceMail.

I have my SMS text seperated from my normal emails. Anyway, I can seperate the VM from showing up as text in my SMS section? I never had that on any of my previous BB's. I want the icon though.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Not real sure if you can turn this off at all......

The only thing that you can do is dial you VM and see if you can turn it off on the actual carrier VM options. But after doing some research, i have found that not alot of people have had success turning this off, but talk to your carrier specifically to see!!!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    I recently had ATT and this never showed up in my SMS section.

So it confuses me as to why my Sprint phone does this.

I want the icon, but not the text.

Cadmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also have sprint and the same thing happens to me. Anyone know how to change this?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I saw this some where else in the Stacks. I hope this is what you were asking about.

(Green Phone)Call Log>Menu>Options>Call Logging> Select NONE

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have tried to turn this off and have been unsuccessful. I have even tried what Cracked out said and it still shows up in the SMS.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    with sprint blackberries you can separate the sms in box from the messages at that point the device handles the short message for voice mail as a text message or sms. its not an error but it is how sprint notifies you of a voice message. its the way sprint does things.
    phil

Cadmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Since the idea makes no sense at all, it makes sense that Sprint does it this way.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    This happens on my Bell mobility phone too. I think it's due to different voicemail systems. Sprint and bell uses an sms notification system and AT&T uses a system that recognizes differently.

jevid no está en línea Stack level 1
    You know what - it's actually kind of handy. Just open the message, click the trackball - and you'll get a prompt to call voicemail. Then, after you've deleted the voicemail, you can delete the sms.

It's different, I know, but it's kinda handy and frankly, the voicemail icon is pretty small....

Just my two cents

SeanS1973 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a3b369
    Don't laugh... But I might have been under a rock all this time but since when did verizon put who the voice mail is from in their voice mail notification? I just noticed it today for the 1st time. If you go into your message inbox and open the voice mail message..at the to of the message it says who it was from...this even works when my phone was off when I originally received the voice mail.

mrpg no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a Sprint 8330 and I also noticed the VM SMS notification after I upgraded to 4.5, I don't believe I got them before the upgrade if I recall correctly.

I get both the status indicator/icon and the VM, and the popup dialog. Sadley you cannot disable the SMS or Popup.

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    The same thing happens to me..which I don't mind..I just hate the fact that I can't check my vm from a landline phone..I have verizon..and every carrier I had I was able to check my messages from a landline but unfortunately with verizon I can't do that..

SeanS1973 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a3b369
    You can ck your vm from a land line with VZW. All you do is dail your cell number from the land line and when you hear your greeting you push the * and it will ask you for your pw. Then its all the same from there. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanS1973 View Post
    You can ck your vm from a land line with VZW. All you do is dail your cell number from the land line and when you hear your greeting you push the * and it will ask you for your pw. Then its all the same from there. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED THAT..AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK. IVE ALSO CONTACTED VERIZON ABOUT THAT, THEY TELL ME I NEED TO GET THE ENHANCED VM WHICH IS 4.95 A MONTH. (ABOUT TO TRY THE * FEATURE AGAIN FOR THE 20TH TIME) RINGING...RINGING...RINGING...RINGING...VOICEMAIL. .* BEEP. THATS WHAT I GET EVERY TIME. WHEN I HIT * IT STARTS TO RECORD..SO IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO..I KNOW IM NOT GOING TO PAY 5$ FOR ENHANCED ID RATHER CHECK IT FROM MY BERRY...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast