I used Youmail for a while, and got sick of it, so I restored my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Voicemail Icon wont go away

Advertisement

I used Youmail for a while, and got sick of it, so I restored my original voicemail. The entire time that I had YouMail working, there was a visible voicemail icon...and now that I am back to my original voicemail, it's still there. I checked to make sure that I didn't have a voicemail, I did a battery pull, I did a soft reset. Anyone know how to get rid of that thing??? It's seriously driving me bonkers!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Voicemail Icon wont go away

Something similar happened to me once on a Motorola K1M, i turned it off call the phone and left a new voice mail, when on i checked the voice mail and heard it.

Then the voicemail icon went off...

You can try this.

Cheers.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Leave a voicemail for yourself, call the phone and listen to the vm AND all of the options following it. before deleting. After that, hit whatever key your carrier uses to get you back to the main menu and hang up.

If that doesn't work, your carrier will be able to reset it for you, no prob.
    /~*brooke

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

OK, i'll try it! LOL! Thanks
    -------
    Dang it---guess I shoulda searched...sorry...I see all the same threads up above.
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 02-09-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

youmailfan no está en línea Stack level 1

Generally, if the voicemail icon doesn't go off, it's because the carrier thinks there is a new voicemail in their voicemail box. Before switching to any alternate voicemail provider, it's a good idea to clean out the old VM box (although depending on the carrier it's generally a few keystrokes on the phone to switch out of Youmail and back to the old VM). Also, you'll find that occasionally there are strange situations, like a third call coming in when you've got call waiting, where a VM may wind up in the carriers box.

BTW, what made you sick of YouMail? I'm a fan (can't you tell from the name!), and I've been reading on the forums here where people generally like it. A few of my friends with Blackberries told me it was the default text messages - but it's easy to turn them off and just have YouMail e-mail the VMs to your blackberry, along with a wav attachment.