So I did a search on the forums and have seen a lot of posts ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Voicemail icon not going away

Advertisement

So I did a search on the forums and have seen a lot of posts about the missed call icon not going away and I have tried all the things people said to do (battery pull, softreset, actually doublechecking to make sure I checked my messages) but the damn icon won't go away. I even left myself another voicemail to see if the 1 would go to 2 but it doesn't.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to "reload" my new BB I just got a week ago, especially after finally customizing the way I want. I know on my old Treo there was a "Clear Voicemail Icon" option and it would do the trick.

Thanks.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Voicemail icon not going away

The only thing I can think of would be for an OS reload... :/ I'm not too sure.

I don't use voicemail anymore since I had issues with someone leaving me harrassing ones. I also would let them go for weeks without checking them. One of my biggest pet peeves is checking voicemails... haha!
    /~*brooke

Actually, I'm sorry... I just did a little research on the topic. When you got the new phone, did you still use your old SIM?
    /~*brooke

No, I transferred over from Sprint, so this was a brand new SIM.

Ah so we can rule that one out then... the only thing I found other than that was just that it's a software issue and the OS needs to be reloaded... :-/
    /~*brooke

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

VM is not stored on the phone it is stored on the network so a software reload will not fix this issue, at least not permanently. When someone leaves you a vm the network sends a silent text message to the phone to pop the vm icon, when you listen to the VM the system sends another silent text message to the phone to take the icon off. If the system does not send the sms, the phone does not receive it, or the system does not recognize that you have listened to the message the icon will get stuck. So this is what i would try prior to calling your carrier. (since this is a problem on their side not necessarily your side) Leave another vm for yourself. then from the phone call the vm and listen to it completely along with all options after you listen to it (ie. to delete press X to save press X etc) listen to all options completely before selecting to delete, then listen to all options after the delete, then hit whatever key gets you to the main menu of the vm. ( on Tmo it is the * key) once back at the main menu hang up. This should remove the icon within a minute or so. If not call your provider and they will need to get it reset from thier side. Hope it helps. Welcome to the stacks.

Wow, that worked. Thanks alot.
    I really really hope I won't have to do this for every voicemail, because usually I delete the message right after I hear it then hang up.

Thanks again!

Eddie = trust+!
    /~*brooke

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yep, X2 what Eddie said. I have the issue from time to time, its from the VM system, not the phone. I usually just ignore it and it clears up in a day or two.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Glad it worked for you brokenbricks. Shouldn't have to do it too often just once in a while the VM does recognize you listened to the vm if you immediately delete it.

N1KON no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2526CC32

This seems to be an issue we are having at t-mobile uk and it happens with every 8310 i have sold, There seems to be an issue with the latest os version. With other networks having the same issue make me feel better about my bb as was getting anoyed with keep leaving myself a message. i have been told there will be a fix in the next os update so looks like we will be getting a new 4.2 before the 4.3 but that should be just tmo uk.
    TMO UK
    PIN: 2526CC32

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my icon shows up after every battery pull, it won't go away until I call my VM. As soon as it says you have X amount of saves messages I habg up and it goes away. I hate that little icon!

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks!! This worked for me. I had a VM icon for about a week though no Voicemail. This method cleared the icon immediately!

FullerDM no está en línea Stack level 1
    Eddie, thank you SOOO much for this info. That pesky icon had been on my BB for three days and Sprint told me they were going to have reset everything. You're a lifesaver - bless you!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had this happen before (AT&T), and I just left it alone and in a day or so it went away on its own.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.