Does anyone know if there is a way to activate, control, use the voice notes ... BlackBerry Curve forum

glighto11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice notes recorder.

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is a way to activate, control, use the voice notes recorder via a voice dial command. As I see it, the only real advantage of a voice note over a text memo would be a true hands free use.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    well... you can assign one of your convenience keys to it... i just tried opening the voice recorder with vlingo and that didnt work... so i guess the closest to ease of use would be to assign a convenience key to it...

hope that helps...
    i see RED...

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    I have found the same. I don't think it would not make sense if there was continuous power/processor consumption. The speed key is what I use and I second the use of vlingo over the native BB voice rec software. Now if you are using a Bluetooth setup there may be a way via your Bluetooth hands free/Car/head set. I will try in my car and repost if there is a way but I think the power/processor issue most logically supersedes there speed of what you want to do. This is an interesting question though. Regards
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

egilchri no está en línea Stack level 1

Automatic voice recording: A bug, not a feature

I have a fairly new 8330, and it gets into a mode, occasionally, where it creates voice notes at 10 minute intervals. I am left with a flurry of voice notes that I have to delete, one by one. So far, I haven't received any advice beyond "re-install your Blackberry software", ie, wipe the memory of the device clean, and re-install.

There's gotta be a genius out there who can offer some insight. Inquiring minds want to know. What is kicking off these mysterious voice note sessions, at such precise and regular 10 minute intervals?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    id say its some kind of alarm or scheduler...
    i see RED...

Dedda55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I recently downloaded updated software to my 8310 and now I supposedly have voice note.....problem is, it appears to record. but when I attempt to playback message says the media being played is of an unsupported format! How do I fix this???

PIN/ID
    ask me
    What format is it saving the voice notes as?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

egilchri no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's saving them as .amr files. I think I now understand the issue in a slightly different way. It's getting into a mode where it's continually creating one big long voice note. Whenever it reaches the 10 minute mark, it saves the file, opens a new one, and keeps recording. Something or other is triggering the original "rogue voice note". An I really dont' think it's a pocket issue, because I always lock my keyboard. (Or would it be better to hold down the top Mute key, and put it to sleep?)