I'll be honest I don't quite know how I managed to do this one... but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice Mail, Speed Dialing Issue...

Advertisement

I'll be honest I don't quite know how I managed to do this one... but I was trying to do a soft reset, and was hitting the caps-shift-del keys (started with everything on the right side first) before discovering I was on the wrong side of the keyboard. Long story short, at first I had dialing directly from the home screen disabled (Fixed that) then I reazlied that I'd screwed up the voice mail setup. By holding "1/w" I was greeted by the message "invalid phone number".

I searched the forums and found two methods of fixing this, battery/sim pull (failed) and re-programming the speed dial key which worked; however, I copied the phone number from the voice mail setup since I didn't see a "Voice Mail" entry in my address book. So now I've got my voice mail back, but seeing the weird phone number in my dialing log is obnoxious and I do NOT want to add this number into my address book because I don't want the number floating around everywhere I sync! Anyone know how to repair this? Preferrably without performing an os/reinstall!

Thanks!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Voice Mail, Speed Dialing Issue...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ have you tried restoring from a backup? I had this issue once with my 7130e and for the life of me could not figure out how I screwed it up either! Let us know if a restore (or advanced restore or address book and telephone app?) Would work.

Good luck!

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ have you tried restoring from a backup? I had this issue once with my 7130e and for the life of me could not figure out how I screwed it up either! Let us know if a restore (or advanced restore or address book and telephone app?) Would work.

Good luck!
    Actually on my way to pick up some coffee I did another hard-reset... this time I dropped my battery. What I get for doing it while driving, anyways, long story short, put it back in when I stopped for coffee and it came up fine! I'd removed the speed dial entry before I did that trying to put things "back to spec". Funny thing too, because I just looked again and found this solution for this problem linked at the top of the thread... pity I didn't find it when I looked initially this morning! So the actual solution for this problem is:

1. Delete the speed dial entry for "1/W" even if it looks empty.
    2. Remove the battery and wait 30seconds (that's from the other post it was 5min or so for me hehe)
    3. Replace the battery, and viola!

(re-worded from phidauex in the pearl forum, 2nd post: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...peed_dial.html )

ehkolie no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Voice Mail, Speed Dialing Issue...

I have a curve with Rogers and had a similar problem. Even though I could dial voicemail from the call log, pressing 1 brought up "invalid phone number", and then a few days later, instead of that message Igot "do you want to assign a speed dial to the w key."

Pulling the battery fixed the problem.

Tech support was useless, they wanted me to program W as voicemail. Couldn't convince them that it is a bug in the software.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Happened to me once after an OS upgrade. The number was "still there" when I checked options, but when I held down the 1 key ("W"), I got the "invalid telephone number" error message. I didnt' try a battery pull...but I did:

Create an address book entry for VoiceMail;
    Go into speed dialing setup, delete the entry for the "W" key, and re-enter the voicemail number.

Ever since, it's been fine (weeks now): I can dial voicemail by holding the 1/W key, or by using Voice Dialing and telling it to "Call VoiceMail". Both work perfectly.